Atal Amrit Abhiyan in Assam Health insurance scheme – Application process, Check Hospital List, smart card, beneficiaries @aaa-assam.in Cashless
The Assam Government has always tried to help its people by launching several people–friendly schemes. Atal Amrit Abhiyan is also a scheme which will be implemented to help the common people of Assam state. Atal Amrit Abhiyan is mainly a health insurance scheme and the health insurance coverage will be provided to the common people of Assam state. This noble scheme is aiming at providing a sum of Rs 2 lakh per year to every member of a family as a health insurance coverage.
The Health Minister of Assam introduced Atal Amrit Abhiyan on 20 September, 2016. The State Government of Assam will manage the proceedings of this scheme. The scheme will be implemented from April 1, 2017. Vice President Venkaiah Naidu is launching this scheme in Guwahati on 18th April 2018.
Objectives of Atal Amrit Abhiyan
The main objective of Atal Amrit Abhiyan is to help the common people of Assam state so that they will be able to fight against their diseases. It is often seen that the common people are not able to get enough treatment against a disease due to financial problems and Atal Amrit Abhiyan will solve this problem to a large extent. It will not only serve a family with the health insurance coverage but also it will serve every member of a family individually.
This scheme will provide health insurance coverage against the five major diseases stated below.
- Kidney Disease
- Brain related ailments.
- Heart related ailments
- Burn Injuries
In case a person has these diseases, Atal Amrit Abhiyan will cover treatment of the diseases by providing the patients insurance coverage to cure these diseases. Also, in case of a major surgery, a patient will be able to gain help from Atal Amrit Abhiyan by taking their annual sum of money.
Atal Amrit Abhiyan Key Features
- Atal Amrit Abhiyan will be provided on an individual basis and it will be given to each and every member of a family.
- Atal Amrit Abhiyan will provide a health insurance coverage of Rs 2 lakhs to every beneficiaries of the Assam state.
- The scheme will cover treatment for the five major diseases from April 1 2017. Also, before the scheme is launched, the state Government of Assam will provide a onetime financial assistance of Rs 1 lakh to each patient suffering from the five major diseases.
- A patient suffering from the five major diseases will be able to go to all Government and CGHS empaneled hospitals for treatment. The health insurance will cover his treatment expenses up to Rs 2 lakh.
- Atal Amrit Abhiyan will cost the state government of Assam Rs 200 Crore approximately every year.
- Atal Amrit Abhiyan will provide a unique identification number to each beneficiary for identifying them. Also, the beneficiaries will be provided with a health card by the Government. This BPL families will be able to avail the facilities of this scheme without any cost.
- Completely Cashless – The cashless treatment provisions will be offered to patients from April 2018 in govt. hospitals and other selected hospitals within or outside the state limits. For BPL families and LG groups it is obvious that cashless treatment facilities have been provided under the Atal Amrit Abhiyan.
- Income: If you or your family together earns less than Rs. 1.2 lakhs per annum or in other words, if you are a BPL card holder, then you will get the benefit under this scheme.
- Exception: Even if you are in the Above Poverty Level category but your family income is within Rs. 1.2 lakhs to Rs. 5 lakhs per annum, then you will get the benefit. But in this case you will have to pay a nominal premium every year of Rs. 100 per member in your household to avail the benefits of this scheme.
- Not Eligible Criteria: Those who are already employed in the central or state governments will not be able to take the benefits of this scheme.
Make sure that you have your income documents properly arranged because they will be checked to see whether you belong to the APL or BPL category, when applying for this scheme.
Required Documents –
Below are the following documents which you need to produce at the time of application –
- Income certificate (whether APL or BPL): You have to mention whether you are from APL or BPL category and to prove the same you will have to furnish the details of your annual family income.
- Voter Identity Card: As with all schemes, you have to again prove your identity and in doing so you will have to provide your Voter ID card or Aadhar card.
- EPIC Card (for minors, you must produce original birth certificate in its place): EPIC card is mandatory for all persons above the age of 18 to verify their data.
- NFSA card (if you have): If you have the National Food Security Card then you must produce it at the time of document verification.
- A doctor attested photograph of the patient: To prove that you are the person who is availing the benefits, you will have to provide a doctor attested photograph along with the details.
- Either visit the enrollment center or go to their official link directly. Click here to go to the website – http://aaa-assam.in/ – on the landing page you will see a lot of options.
- Click on the “Manual Application form for the Atal Amrit Abhiyan” link. If you cannot find it, go to this link and directly download it – http://aaa-assam.in/enrollment.html
- After you download it, you have to take a print out of the same and then fill it out manually. At the top right corner you also have to attach your photograph.
- With this form, you can submit all the required documents at the Office of the Joint Health Services Director of your district – either by post or by hand.
How to enroll Atal Amrit Abhiyan smart Card
A person availing the facilities of Atal Amrit Abhiyan will have to issue a smart card. The distribution of the smart cards will begin from April 1, 2017. An individual will be able to show the smart cards to avail the benefits of this scheme and thus issuing smart card is very important.
You will have to visit the enrollment center. You have to enroll when the authorities open a kiosk at your nearest village. At your nearest kiosk you will have to come with your documents and your entire family. The appointed officials will match your details and take your photograph and fingerprint and issue the health cards.
If you belong to the Above Poverty Level category then you also have to pay Rs. 100 per person for the scheme.
For more details, go to this link –
There are a total of 33 private and public hospitals within the state that have been considered for this scheme. Apart from these, there are also other 27 hospitals that are listed.
You can call in this toll free number to get more information about this scheme –1800 102 7480
Or visit this link – www.aaa-assam.in. You can view the page in Assamese or English.
Call center service
- The Assam Health Insurance scheme is one of its kinds that are user friendly. For perfect implementation the state government has announced the set up of call center service 24 X 7.
- The state government has also established Help desk at various locations for effective implementations. These will be operated by qualified individuals and Arogya mitras.
- The Mitras at the arogya centers will ensure that the hospital services are provided 24 X 7 and all patients are attended on time. The arogya mitras will also act as link between hospital services and patients.
- The state government has ensured that all possible help and assistance will be offered so that the patients will recover on time. The government has also set up a grievance and 24X7 monitoring system for patients. That will be monitored by the senior and professional doctors from Government hospitals. The scheme will also be personally monitored and supervised by health department.
- In order to get full treatment benefit patients and eligible candidates can contact the hospital authorities (AAA call centers). All arrangements can easily be made by the authorities at the right time.
- The provision for traveling till hospital will also be made available. Under the scheme the beneficiary will be offered with expense for return tickets via air (Rs 30,000) in value from out state and allowance on daily basis of Rs 1000 for a time period of 10 days.
- If the patient belongs to Assam state then he is entitled for Rs 300 allowance for every visit at the hospital. The allowance can be claimed for a maximum of Rs 3000 yearly.
Summary of Atal Amrit Abhiyan
|Atal Amrit Abhiyan
|20 September, 2016
|1st April, 2017
|Health Minister of Assam
|State Government of Assam
|Health Insurance Coverage
|Rs 2 lakh to each individual
|Number of Diseases Covered
|5 Major Diseases
|Rs. 200 Crore Every Year
|Smart Card Cost
Recently, the state government of Assam took a historic step. The authority handed over Atal Amrit Health Cards to individuals who belong to the third gender. Assam authority held an official program at B. Borooah Cancer Institute in Guwahati. At this gathering, these health cards were placed in the hands of 200 transgender applicants. It is only just that this scheme be named after the former PM who said that all Indian citizens have equal rights, irrespective of their gender and status. The state health department has the responsibility of implementing the scheme properly.