Badikostha Bicycle Scheme to benefit Girl students in Andhra Pradesh
The state government of Andhra Pradesh has taken a new initiative of distributing bicycles for girl students in the state schools. Under the scheme the government has aimed to distribute nearly 1.82 lakh bicycles across the state of Andhra Pradesh to different girl students studying in various schools.
Date of launch of the scheme
The scheme was launched under the supervision of the Chief Minister of the state on 17th of April 2017. The scheme was launched by the state government in a small public gathering held at Vijaywada.
Schools Selected till date under the Badikostha scheme
- Ever since the launch of the scheme the government of the state aims to distribute as many as 1,81,556 lakh Bicycles amongst 5628 girl students.
- It is also certain that government has selected nearly 246 different state government schools for distributing the Bicycles.
- Apart from this the government has also set its target to distribute free bicycles for 319 selected municipal schools, 160 selected model schools and 4432 ZP schools in the state.
Set budget under the scheme
According to the sources the government of Andhra Pradesh has set an overall budget of Rs 74.93 crore that it shall be investing in distributing free bicycles to girl students in various state schools by the year 2019.
Main Objectives of the Badikostha scheme
- With the implementation of the scheme it is certain that the government aims at reducing the overall number of dropouts from the school level amongst the girl students in the state.
- With the launch of this new scheme the government also aims to attract the attention of community targeting both urban and rural areas. It is certain that with the introduction of the scheme a large section of the community will be benefitted.
Targeted section under the scheme
According to the sources the state government has made it very clear that it shall be distributing free bicycles to girl students studying in 9th grade in different schools. The government has taken this initiative after collecting feed back from these students about the difficulties they face when pursuing education. One of the main difficulties these students face is related to traveling to schools daily.
On the basis of feedbacks collected by the state government from different girl students in the schools, it is clear that many students choose to dropout from primary level education because they find travelling to school is difficult due to lack of transportation system.
By the implementation of this scheme it is certain that the state government aims to provide better transportation means. Apart from this the government also aims at reducing the burden for parents on account of money they may have to invest in purchasing bicycles for their girl child.
Apart from this the government also aims at promoting the value of education in the state by reducing number of girl dropouts from colleges and schools.