Smart Ration Card in Tamilnadu Download, Track Status, Helpline toll free no, Online Apply, Correction (ஸ்மார்ட் கார்டு விண்ணப்பம்)
Recently, the Public Distribution System (PDS) becomes smart in the state of Tamil Nadu by introducing the smart ration cards for the state people. The state food Minister Mr. Kamaraj early announced that the distribution of smart ration cards will be initiated from the month of April, as per his announcement the relevant departments have taken steps vigorously on distributing the
smart cards to the ration card holders. However, many seem to be confused on applying for the smart ration cards. Well this article would help them a lot; since it covers all the needed information regarding applying and tracking the smart ration card application.
How to apply smart ration card in Tamil Nadu?
- As the entire nation moving towards the digital India, there’s no surprise to witness the digital formation in upcoming schemes and plans introduced by the governments of India. Well, for applying for the smart ration card, consumers need to visit the official website tnpds.gov.in which is specially launched for the purpose for the Public Distribution System department.
- On opening the homepage of the official websites users can able to view the application link which will be found at the top list of the left side vertical list.
- By clicking the appropriate link that showcasing the words “Smart Card Application” the page will be re-directed to the form where the users are supposed to enter their relevant details which are required.
- After filling all the details correctly, make sure you have selected the appropriate card of yours from the drop down box where it will contains the list with the option of No commodity card, Rice Card, Sugar Card, and others.
- Afterwards, the users are required to upload the scanned copies of their respective ration cards along with the residential proof. The proof must be from any one of the items listed in the options for the drop down box it may be EB bill card, Aadhaar card, passport and so.
- Once all those images are uploaded successfully, click the submit button. After application successfully submitted the web page will displays the reference number or the users will get the reference numbers in their registered mobile number via SMS, which should be noted by the users. By using that reference numbers applicant can able to track their application status from the websites itself.
How to track your smart ration card application status?
Well, it will take around 5 to 6 days for processing so users/applicants are requested to utilize the tracking facility of the tnpds.gov.in over a week after submitting their application via the official website of TNPDS.
In order to track the status of their online smart ration card application users need to visit the following web page https://www.tnpds.gov.in/pages/registeracard/register-a-card-status.xhtml where they need to enter the reference numbers which they received after successful submission of their smart ration card application via online.
Once the users enters the appropriate reference number in the given text box, the status of the respective application will be displayed.
Helpline numbers for smart ration cards (1907 or 1800-425-5901)
In order to make thing much easier and to reduce the worries for the uneducated people, the state government of Tamil Nadu has introduced special telephonic customer care facility. The users of smart card applicant can dial 1967 from their registered mobile number where they will be assisted properly by the representatives who are specially appointed and trained by the government of Tamil Nadu.
In fact, the state government of Tamil Nadu also introduced the toll-free number 1800-425-5901 for assisting the users/applicants who are not able to get relevant details for their queries from the official website of Tamil Nadu Public Distribution System’s department.
Specialty of Smart Ration Card’s introduced in Tamil Nadu
- The cards which are distributed behalf of the existing ration cards which is currently in a booklet form will be similar to the ATM cards holding all the relevant information about the family members and ration details of the respective families in the card.
- Since, the smart ration cards are distributed by merging the ration card details along with the Aadhaar card numbers of the respective family members it would be easy for the governing body to get things under control.
- The total cost for the introduction of the smart ration cards will be handled completely by the state government of Tamil Nadu without creating any hassles to the consumers.
- The introduction of the digital smart ration card system by the Tamil Nadu’s PDS will reduce the signification number of duplicate ration cards which existing all over the state.
- In addition to those, the smart ration card has option of reviewing the PDS outlets on handling the commodities by the government servant in the respective shops.
- Since, the introduction of sending SMS about delivering the commodities to smart card holders to the registered mobile numbers, the process of incorrect billings and looting the ration materials will be stopped.
This innovative plan of introducing the smart ration card to the consumers could be historical move taken by the Tamil Nadu government and the establishments of the smart ration cards are carried out carefully in an organized manner. This smart ration card would be a fruitful thing for all ration consumers and also workers all over the state as it will reduce the work load and regulates the working process.
- Surya Mitra Training 2018
- Mukhyamantri Pension Yojana in UP
- MSME Portal Tamil Nadu Registration
- RTE Tamilnadu Online Apply