Bangla Gramin Awas Yojana in West Bengal 5 lakh houses in Rural Areas
As a part of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Housing for All Scheme by the central government of India, the West Bengal State government has started Bangla Gramin Abas Yojana in West Bengal rural areas. Under this scheme 5 Lac houses will built for the homeless people in the rural areas across the state.
The official announced was made by the CM after approval from the Cabinet. The announcement was made while addressing Official Rally on 29th Jan 2018. The announcement has been made official with an aim to help cover people attention for 2018 election poll agenda.
- PMAY: Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is a housing development project under which the central government has promised to provide 2 Cr homes to the homeless people of the nation by the end of 2022. Also who have their kaccha (temporary) houses will receive financial assistance from the government to make it pucca (permanent).
- Bangla Gramin Abas Yojana: Bengali Rural Housing Scheme is a part of PMAY. Under this scheme people who belong to economically weaker section and homeless, will get permanent house in the state.
- Geetanjali Housing Scheme: In extension of the Bangla Gramin Abas Yojana, the CM of Bengal has promised to provide financial assistance to another 3 Lac people to build their houses.
- Time span: This scheme namely Geetanjali scheme along with Bangla Gramin Abas Yojana will take place before the Panchayat Election in the state. For the BGAY, households will receive their houses by the end of January.
- Corridor Project: Another announcement she has made on the launch day that the state will provide Rs. 3000 Cr to finance the North-South corridor project in the state. The details of the project will be announced later.
- According to the CM of the state the new scheme has been announced so that the rural people can get access to better quality homes at an affordable price and assistance by the state government.
- Under the scheme the government will try and provide benefit to over 5 lakh beneficiaries state wide. The state government has also made it very clear that for building each home an investment of Rs 1.2 lakhs will be made by the government.
- The authorities have also stated that the amount for construction of the affordable home will also be provided by the government just in four distinct installments to the beneficiaries.
Other schemes details
- The state government of West Bengal has started some other scheme to facilitate people from backward classes as well as those who are economically backward.
- West Bengal government has insured nearly 21 Lac farmers under the farmers’ insurance scheme in the state. Under this insurance scheme farmers can get financial assistance upon damage of their crops.
- A year or so back the state has returned all the lands from Special Economic Zones that were taken forcibly by the industries to build a car manufacturing unit in Singur. All the farmers got back their portion of lands and started harvesting agricultural products again.
- Under Kanyashree Prakalpa, the state has distributed bravery awards to the girls who have protested against child marriage in the state. More than 120 young girls have gotten that award from the CM herself.
- 1200 Cr has been allocated to the pension scheme for the farmers in the state by the CM Banerjee. Nearly 30 Lac farmers will get pension under this scheme. Along with this 79 Lac KCC or Kisan Credit card will also be distributed.
- 2768 Cr has been allocated for irrigation projects and cropping under this project to facilitate farmers in many districts of the state of West Bengal.
Under the new scheme the state government aims at constructing over 25 lakh homes within rural areas by next six years. The homes will be build for poor and rural people of the state.
Other Schemes –
- Pravasi Chitty Scheme Kerala
- NIOS D.El.Ed Teachers to Submit Details of Doordarshan(DD) Dish TV
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban
- Ved Vyas Awas Yojana in Jharkhand