Kailash Mansarovar Yatra 2018 – Apply online 20 Feb to 23 March 2018 @kmy.gov.in
Kailash Mansarovar Yatra is one of the biggest journeys for the Hindus in India. Every year the central government of India organises trips to Mansarovar for the pilgrims. Only eligible and medically fit people can go for the yatra (journey) as per the rules. This year in 2018, the application forms and process is out for the pilgrims. People who are interested can apply online via their official website.
|Kailash Mansarovar Yatra Official site
|Registration start date
|20th Feb 2018
|Registration end date
|23rd March 2018
|Kailash Mansarovar Yatra 2018 dates
|8th June to 8 September 2018
Key features about Kailash Mansarovar Yatra
- Religious place: Kailash Mansarovar is famous religious place for many. Hindus visit there for Lord Shiva, Jains visit there for Tirthankara, Rishabhanatha, Buddhists visit the mountain for Buddha Chakrasamvara and for the Tibetan religious community Bon Kailash is a nine-story swastika mountain.
- Mansarovar the Lake: Mansarovar, situated in Kailash Mountain is the largest and highest fresh water body in the world. The place is more famous for its religious significance. In Hinduism, Buddhists and Bons the place is more attractive for the pilgrims than any other traveller.
- The time of journey: Every year the authority organises the journey starting from the month of June to the month of September. Afterwards no trips are being arranged as winter is havoc in Mansarovar.
- Route of journey: Mansarovar is located in Tibet. To travel from India the traveller must visit Lipulekh Pass (Uttarakhand) and then Nathu-La Pass to reach the location. Journey generally starts from Delhi. Traveller has to stay in Delhi for 2-3 days before starting off the journey.
- Financial Assistance: Though central government arranges Mansarovar Yatra every year, but government does not provide any financial assistance to any pilgrim or any traveller.
To visit the Kailash Mansarovar one has to fulfil these following eligibility criteria.
- The person must be an Indian citizen. He/she has to have Indian passport. The expiry date of the passport should not be less than 6 months as on the 1st of Sep that particular year.
- The age of the traveller must be between 18 to 70 years. It is important for the traveller to be medically and physically fit. So the Body Mass Index should not be more than 25 for the traveller.
- If the person has dual citizenship or Overseas Citizenship then the person would not be eligible for the Yatra. No foreign nationality is allowed in this trip. So OCIs are prohibited too.
- To apply online for the Yatra firstly the person needs to visit the official website of Kalilash Mansarovar yatra https://kmy.gov.in/kmy/?lang=en. In the ‘Home’ Page click on the ‘How to Apply’ tab from the main Menu Bar.
- Once you click on the ‘How to Apply’ tab it will redirect you to the application’s terms and condition page https://kmy.gov.in/kmy/howToApply?lang=en. Click on the hyperlink mentioned in the page ‘Click Here’ in condition to read all the terms of applying for the Yatra.
- Then click on the ‘Application form’ button at the bottom of the page. It will be redirected to the application form page where the candidate has to fill up the form with correct information.
- Then the candidate has to upload his/her scanned copy of a photo and scanned copy of the passport (first and last page). Scanned copy of photo should not be more than 300kb in size whereas the scanned copy of passport should not exceed 500kb in size.
- Finally finish the process by clicking on ‘Submit’ button. Before submission of the form makes sure you have entered all correct information. Also leaving the form incomplete can lead to cancellation of application.
This year in 2018, the online application process started from 20th of Feb in 2018. Upon finishing the application process a confirmation SMS will be sent to the registered mobile number for future reference.
Once the applications are being submitted to the website, the Ministry of External Affairs will select the candidates upon the eligibility and unbiased process. All the applicants are given a choice of joining a group of 4 people who will be staying and travelling together to Mansarovar.
Expenses and Fees
To visit the Kailash Mansarovar traveller has to bear a cost. The fees and the expenses that are required to pay are given in the following link https://kmy.gov.in/kmy/feeStructure?lang=en. You can see the breakage of the fees in this link as well.
As mentioned that to visit the Mansarovar people will have to be physically fit. Mansarovar is located at 19,500 feet high from the sea level. The weather keeps changing and getting worst with every peak you cover during the trip. Due to this reason all the pilgrims have to go through health checkups while staying in Delhi by DHLI. The cost of medical checkups will have to bear by the traveller.
Kailash Mansarovar Yatra is one of those toughest trips that people often can’t finish. Every year thousands of people apply for the Yatra but unfortunately very few can complete the trip due to bad weather and such high altitude. From February application will start. The Yatra will start from June 2018.
Other Schemes –
- Swachh Survekshan 2018
- Pravasi Chitty Scheme Kerala
- Shrikhand Mahadev Yatra Kailash Mansarova
- Teerth Darshan Yojana in Haryana