Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana Health Insurance scheme for Poor Households in Odisha Universal Health Coverage (UHC), Drop Back Assistance, Hospital List, Eligibility Criteria 2018
Health care facilities have a vital role to play in elevating the overall status of any nation. If the national health care framework is not sturdy, then it poses a threat to the progress of the country. Due to poverty and high population, India does not have a strong health care structure. But now, both central as well as state governments are all set to implement new projects, which only target the improvement of health and wellbeing of the people. In June, 2018, Odisha state authority gifted yet another health insurance scheme for state residents. Its name of Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana.
Launch details of the scheme
The current Chief Minister of Odisha, Naveen Patnaik was happy to announce that his government was all set to implement this new yojana that was targeted towards the betterment of overall health care facilities in the state. The notification was released on the 12th of June, 2018. In this notification it has been mentioned that the inauguration and official launch of this scheme will take place on 15th August, 2018.
Key features of the scheme
- Developed and funded by Odisha government – This new scheme has been designed and developed by Odisha state government and will only offer the benefits to legal residents of this state. Thus, all monetary requirements will be taken care of by the state itself.
- Two other health related schemes – Apart from the Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana, the state also announced the implementation of Universal Health Coverage and Drop Back Assistance. All these schemes together will strengthen the Odisha health sector.
- Universal Health Coverage (UHC) – In case any patient needs to travel to any sub-central state run hospital from a district, then he/she will not have to worry about the treatment costs. State government will pay the cost of any treatment that the patient gets at public health centers, till District Headquarter Hospitals. All user fees will be waived off by state authority.
- Drop Back Assistance – A special scheme has been introduced for ailing babies and pregnant ladies. Under the Drop Back scheme, all expecting ladies and sick babies will be provided with Rs. 500 in case they go to any state health care institute. This money can be used to rent any automobile to get back home after the treatment or delivery is complete.
- Monetary assistance under Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana – To ensure that all get a shot at good treatment, state government has decided that it will offer a health insurance for families, living within the state. Each family will be entitled to receive as much as 5 lakhs for the government.
- Treatment coverage – It has been mentioned that this money can be used by the family members for attaining any secondary or tertiary treatment.
- Total number of beneficiaries – It has been estimated that this scheme will be able to offer assistance to 70 lakh families. This means it will reach out to as many as 3.5 crore people, living in Odisha.
- Empaneled hospitals – People seeking treatment in government as well as private health care institutes will be able to get this health insurance scheme.
Schemes like this will allow the state government to offer treatment at low costs. It is a boon for people who belong to financially weaker sections of the society. They can attain necessary medical assistance and get rid of the ailment without worrying about the expenses.
Other Asrticles –
- RTE MP 2018
- Rajasthan Vridhavastha Pension Scheme
- NIOS D.El.Ed. Addmission form
- Solar Pump Loan Subsidy Scheme