Building scheme Financial Assistance to the Gram Panchayats Maharashtra (Balasaheb Thackeray Smruti Matoshree Gram Panchayat Bandhani Yojana)
According to latest updates received by the Maharashtra state cabinet, the assembly has approved the implementation of the Balasaheb Thackeray Smruti Matoshree Gram Panchayat Bandhani Yojana. The new approved scheme is better aimed at helping proving funds and financial assistance to smaller level gram panchayats so they can construct their office buildings within their respective villages.
The new scheme to be implemented in recent time has been approved by the state government in assembly meeting on 17th Jan 2018. The official approval of the scheme was confirmed by the rural development department officials.
According to the department sources it has been made very clear that once the scheme is fully implemented and functional it would offer several benefits to over 4252 Gram Panchayats within the state.
Funding under the scheme
- According to the updates collected from he government officials, the state government shall be providing with 90 percent of the fund coverage for the total cost of constructing the Gram Panchayat.
- The Gram Panchayats are expected to raise an overall fund of 10 percent for the cost of construction.
- The state government has also made it clear that in case any village is having a population of people between 1000 to 2000 people shall be eligible for making a claim of Rs 18 lakhs for the construction of the Offices.
- In case the Village is having a population of more than 2000 people then they will not be provided with funding under the scheme ass they are eligible to collect funds through the PPP (Public Private Partnership).
- As per the statements made the gram panchayats that are weaker in financial condition and smaller in size then such Gram Panchayats will be able to construct their office taking full benefit under this scheme.
- If any of the Gram Panchayat wants to take any benefit under this scheme then they will have to make a resolution for funds under the scheme.
- In case the Gram Panchayat is small in size then the resolution can be made by the members twice under the PPP model before applying under the scheme for funds.
- The state government has ensured that the allocation of the funds will be done on a fairly basis for the construction of the Gram Panchayats. According to the latest updates the state government shall allocate a fund of Rs 12 lakhs for the construction of the Gram Panchayat offices where the population of the village is just below 1000 people.
- According to the sources it has been made clear by the state government that for the fiscal year 2017-18 it shall be investing an overall budget of Rs 25 crore for implementation of the scheme.
- The state government has also stated that it has set an overall budget of Rs 440 crore that will be implemented in the scheme within a period of next four years.
According to the state government with the implementation of the scheme state wide government aims to offer financial assistance to the Gram Panchayats that are weaker financially and not holding their own office buildings.
Other links –
- Students portal in Punjab
- Water Resource Machinery Based Interest Subsidy Scheme Maharashtra
- List of Maharashtra scheme yojana
- Slum Re-development Scheme in Maharashtra