Cattle Distribution Scheme in Telangana Buffalo Cow for Farmers, Subsidy 2018 Application Form Process
Farming alone is not enough for offering more income for farmers. So, state government of Telangana has introduced a new scheme that will allow farmers to attain milk producing animals, mainly cows and buffaloes, at low rates. Under the Cattle Distribution Scheme, interested applicants will be able to purchase cattle at subsidized prices from registered animal markets.
|Name of the scheme||Cattle Distribution Scheme|
|Launched in||Kamareddy district in Telangana|
|Launched by||Y Ramesh Kumar|
|Date of announcement||July 2018|
|Date of implementation||From August 2018|
|Supervised by||Veterinary and Animal Husbandry Department|
Key features of the scheme
- Development of milk industry – There is a rather high demand for milk in Kamareddy district. To meet this demand, more milk production is necessary. This scheme will
- Increased income for farmers – When farmers combine animal husbandry with traditional farming, they will be able to double their income opportunities.
- Attain high-breed cattle – State government has guided interested applicants to try and acquire cattle from Punjab, Haryana or Andhra Pradesh as they produce more milk.
- Cost of each animal – The state government has stated that all applicants will be able to purchase a cow or buffalo that costs as much as Rs. 80,000.
- Subsidy offered by government – There are two subsidy slabs under this scheme. Applicants who belong to ST or SC community will receive 75% subsidy. Candidates who belong to OBC and general castes will receive 40% subsidy.
- Stress on organic farming – With the implementation of this project, state authority desires to highlight the merits of organic farming as well.
- Monthly grant from government – Apart from the subsidy and encouragement for adopting organic farming, state government will offer financial assistance of Rs. 5000 each month.
- Total number of applicants – Around 12,467 interested candidates have applied for this scheme.
Eligibility criteria and Necessary Documents
- Residential requirements – Applicants from Kamareddy area will be able to attain the benefits of this scheme for the time being. Thus, it is mandatory for them to have legal residential documents.
- Aadhar card – For identification details, applicants have to submit a photocopy of their Aadhar card.
- Caste related criterion – As there ST or SC candidates will receive more subsidy, such applicants need to submit their caste certificates as well.
- Animal fodder stock – Before attaining the benefits of this scheme, applicants need to stock up 300 kg cattle fodder as well.
- Animal purchase – It has been mentioned that interested applicants will be allowed to purchase cows or buffalo from any state. To get the funds in their accounts, applicants have to submit animal purchase bills.
- Bank account – It is mandatory for candidates to have active bank account. The state government will transfer the subsidy funds in the respective accounts. For this, all bank account related info is necessary, i.e. bank account number, IFSC code, bank and branch name, bank code etc.
Application form and Application Process
All interested applicants will have to collect the enrollment form from the nearest animal husbandry department office. One must get in touch with the village panchayat to get more information about this unique scheme. Once they get the application form, it has to be filled in necessary information. One must also attach required documents and submit in the same office. In time, the authority will contact the applicants and proceed accordingly.
The scheme will not only increase milk production in the respective area, but will also allow interested farmers in increasing their income. The extra funds will allow them to attain better and modern machines, which will offer further development in animal husbandry as well as traditional farming.
Other Articles –
- Videsh Addhyan Chhatravratti Yojana In MP
- Teacher Recruitment Pavitra Portal in Maharashtra
- Sheep Rearing Scheme Telangana
- Overseas scholarship scheme in Telangana