Chief Minister Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme in Tamil Nadu 2019-20 [Health Smart Card, Application Form Online Download, Eligibility, Hospital List, Portal, Helpline Number]
The Tamil Nadu government has always tried to offer the best facilities for the residents of the state. But the medical sector was rather weak. To develop the system, the 2011 state government had implemented the Chief Minister’s Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme. The main objective of this project was to offer free treatment to the people, in the best state and private health care institutes. Here, you will gather information about the features of the scheme. You will also learn about the eligibility and documents, which are necessary to become beneficiaries. Additionally, we will also highlight the application procedure of the scheme.
Launch details of the scheme
|Name of the scheme
|Chief Minister’s Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme
|2010 – 2011
|Date of implementation
|Common and needy people of the state
|Tamil Nadu Government
|Official scheme portal
|1800 – 425 – 3993
Key features of the scheme
- Development of the state health sector – Apart from offering quality treatment to the people, the scheme will also assist the government to develop the existing medical care system.
- Cashless treatment system – The scheme enables the beneficiaries to acquire the necessary treatments in the hospitals without worrying about the medical expenses. They money will be paid by the state government.
- Floater basis coverage sum – The medical coverage scheme offers a specific amount for every beneficiary family on a floater basis.
- Health checkup camps – It will be the responsibility of the empaneled hospitals to organize health care camps in ever district on a monthly basis. The camps will enable the beneficiaries to attain necessary treatment in the hospitals.
- Number of treatments covered – The scheme will provide free treatment to the beneficiaries for as many as 1027 disease. It also covers 38 diagnostic processes. Additionally, the beneficiaries will also attain 154 free follow-up medical processes.
- Total beneficiaries – The implementation of this scheme enabled around 1. 50 crore families in the state to attain top-notch medical care facilities.
- Listed hospitals only – The beneficiaries of this scheme need to get admission in any of the listed state-run treatment facilities or listed private hospitals to acquire free of cost medical care.
Eligibility for application
- Resident of Tamil Nadu – The primary eligibility for the interested applicants is to be legal and permanent residents of Tamil Nadu.
- Migrants – Any person, who is not a legal resident of Tamil Nadu, but has been living in the state for more than six months continuously, will also be allowed to register for the benefits, listed under the scheme.
- Sir Lankan refugees – The unique health care scheme allows the refugees from Sri Lanka to avail the health benefits as well.
- Income requirement for residents – It has been clearly mentioned in the scheme guidelines that if the yearly family income of any household exceed the Rs. 72,000 mark, then that applicant will not be able to register for the scheme.
- Family Card holders – The state residents, who possess Family Cards, which have been issued by the Tamil Nadu authority, will be able to attain the perks of this health scheme.
Documents necessary for application
- Residential document – If the applicant fails to provide any legal residential document that highlights that the person is a permanent resident of the state, then he/she will not get the scheme benefits.
- Identity proof – It is mandatory for the applicant to provide a copy of his/her Aadhar card.
- Income certificate – Due to the income criterion, it is mandatory that the applicants submit a copy of their annual family income certificate.
- Marriage certificate – To ensure that the applicant’s wife/husband gets the benefits, the marriage certificate must be produced for scrutiny.
- Refugee certificate – The Sri Lankan refugees, who have settled in Tamil Nadu, can acquire the scheme benefits if they can produce refugee certificate during the registration process.
- Orphan certificate – For the candidates, which reside in orphanages and government care homes, must submit their official orphan documents, issued by the state authority.
- Migration certificate – As the scheme is also open for migrants, who have come from other states, such applicants must produce migration certificates. These certificates must be issued by the Tamil Nadu state government.
How to get application form and register?
- Offline application procedure – The state government has announced that for the convenience of all applicants, the registration procedure will be conducted offline.
- District Kiosk – The interested applicant will have to gather all the necessary document copies, and get to the nearest district kiosk. It is here that the application process will be completed.
- Assistance of the kiosk operator – The applicant must reach out to the district kiosk operator. It is the responsibility of the agent to assist the interested applicant to complete the registration procedure.
- Check documents – Once the kiosk operator gathers the necessary documents, it is his/her responsibility to scrutinize the documents. If the documents are in order, then the operator can proceed.
- Application form fill-up – The kiosk operator will fill in a digitized application form on his/her computer. Once the form fill-up is done, he/she must click on the submit button.
- Issuing smart card – When the registration process is complete, it is the responsibility of the kiosk operator to generate a Smart Card in the name of the applicant.
- Link Aadhar Code – Once the Smart Card of the beneficiary has been issued, he/she must link it with the Aadhar card.
List of empaneled hospitals
Beneficiaries can click on the link Chief Minister’s Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme TN Portal and gather information about the various hospitals, which will be able to provide free treatment to the beneficiaries of this scheme.
The poor people often do not get the medical treatments they require as the cost is beyond their reach. The implementation of this scheme ensures that the needy people will have access to the necessary treatments, without worrying about arranging the money to pay for the cures.
Other links –
- Haryana Udyog Mitra Scheme
- Chhattisgarh Harik Naani Bera Suposhan Abhiyan 2019
- Smart Ration Card Apply in Tamilnadu
- Free Laptops in Tamil Nadu 2019 Form