Chief Minister Gi Shotharabasingi Tengbang (CMST) Scheme in Manipur Disabled People (Welfare scheme for Disabled People)
The Manipur state government has launched a new scheme for the disabled people in the state. Chief Minister-gi Shotharabasingi Tengbang Scheme or CMST will be a single scheme containing sub-schemes under it. All of these schemes will be for the welfare and development of the disabled people living in the state.
The Chief Minister of Manipur Mr. N. Biren Singh has launched this scheme in Imphal. On the occasion of World Disability Day, held on 3rd Dec 2017, the CM of the state has officially announced about the scheme. The event was held in Indoor Stadium at Khuman Lampak, Imphal. While giving his speech, CM stated that there is no bigger religion than humanity in any country. To encourage the humanity this scheme has been launched in the state.
- Umbrella Scheme: This scheme will be an umbrella scheme under which 5 sub-schemes will be added. The Under all these sub-schemes various facilities will be provided to the beneficiaries.
- Benefits: Various people will get benefits under this scheme. Benefits like free travel card, monetary allowances, job opportunity, social welfare and many more facilities will be provided under the scheme.
- Loan facility: Under this scheme MSSD aka Manipur Society for Skill Development will provide easy loans so the beneficiaries can get employment opportunity and can become self sufficient.
- Students’ facilities: The scheme will have a sub-scheme under which the students who have disabilities will get scholarship. The amount will be different for different students.
- Insurance: The scheme also promises to provide insurance coverage of up to 2 Lac per family containing 4 members. A fixed amount Rs. 366/- will be given annually to all the disabled people. This insurance coverage includes OPD charges.
- Job Opportunities: State government has made an appeal to the State Social Welfare Department for giving preference to the disabled people regarding employment. Also the state has requested to work towards promoting humanity in case of improving their life.
- Empowerment: The scheme aims at providing self sufficiency to the people with disability. This will be leading to empowerment of them. Also old people who are abandoned from the society will also get benefit of the scheme.
Sub Schemes under CMST
There will be 5 sub-schemes under this umbrella scheme. The schemes are namely Students’ Scholarship Scheme, Care Giver Scheme, Free Travel Card Scheme, Soft Loan Scheme and Maintenance Grant Scheme.
- Student Scholarship Scheme: Under this scheme the students from schools and colleges will get annual scholarship. A fixed amount of monetary assistance will be paid to the students.
- School Students: Primary school students will get Rs. 3000/- per annum (I-V standard). Secondary school students, from VI to VIII will get Rs. 4000/- per annum. Above VIII, up to XII standard, the students will get Rs. 6000/- per year.
- College Students: College students will get Rs. 8000/- per annum. Those who are doing graduation or above courses will get this amount under this scheme.
- Care Giver Scheme: Under Care Giver Scheme, people with 80% or more disability will get Rs. 1500/- per month. Also the Rs. 2 Lac insurance coverage under Swavalamban Health Insurance will be given under this sub-scheme. Four members of each family of disabled person will get this monetary allowance that includes OPD charges.
- Free Travel Card: People with disabilities will get free travel passes while travelling with Manipur State Transport. Also on selected tours they will get concessions on the cost of travelling.
- Soft Loan Scheme: Under Soft Loan Scheme people aged between 19 and 59 will get easy loans from Manipur Society for Skill Development. This loan will be given for job opportunity for the beneficiaries.
- Maintenance Grant Scheme: Old people who are homeless and left by their children will get Rs. 1000/- under this scheme. Also government employees will have to forego a part of their salary if this kind of case happens at their family.
There are fixed number of beneficiaries under these sub-schemes. The scheme-wise distribution of beneficiaries will be 140 number of students under Student Scholarship Scheme, 900 people will be considered under Care Giver Scheme, 700 people will be eligible for Free Travel Card, 5 number of beneficiaries will get loans under Soft Loan Scheme and 286 numbers of old people will get benefits under Maintenance Grant Scheme.
CM of Manipur, while launching the scheme, has stated that ruling party is keen to promote humanity in the state. The scheme and these sub-schemes will soon start implementing to facilitate the differently able people as well as people who are socially excluded. The CM has also stated that even government employees will not be spared if they ill-treat their parents. They will have to pay a amount from their salary for maintaining their parents’ better life.
Other links –
- UP Viklang Jan Pension Yojana
- UT Chandigarh Launches Online RTI Portal
- Kalyana Lakshmi Scheme Telangana
- What is Startup Manipur