Craft and Gear Scheme for Fishermen in Goa
Goa state government has launched two schemes for the fishermen of the state. The state has declared that the fishermen, who survive in this state by fishing, lose their lives due to sea storm or any accidents. These schemes, namely Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana & Craft and Gear Scheme will help them to ease their work and help them financially.
Both of the schemes were announced on 10th April 2018. The state government of Goa has announced about the schemes, their benefits and beneficiaries of the schemes on the same day at the launch.
- Objective: The schemes aim to provide financial assistance to the fishermen in the state. They have to lose their lives due to storms, accidents and drowning in the sea. These schemes will protect them and their families in case of such unpleasant events.
- Scheme: Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana is an insurance scheme that will provide insurance coverage to the nominees if the fishermen faced accidents due to natural calamities. The other scheme, Craft and Gear Scheme will be financial help for the fishermen. Under this scheme, fishermen will get financial help from the state to buy tools needed for fishing.
- Insurance coverage: According to the rule by the state, each beneficiary will be able to get coverage of Rs. 2 Lac under the scheme. The premium will be Rs. 330/- per year. 50% of the premium amount will be carried by the state while the remaining 50% will be paid by the LIC under this scheme.
- Financial Assistance: Under craft and Gear scheme, fishermen who fall in general category will get 40% of their tool costs from the state. For the fishermen falling in the scheduled caste and scheduled tribe will get 60% of the total cost from the state to buy their required tools for fishing.
- Resident: The beneficiaries have to be resident of Goa. At least for last 15 years the beneficiary has to stay in Goa to enjoy the benefits of the scheme.
- Member of Co-op society: The beneficiaries have to be part of any of the fishermen co-operative society to apply for the scheme. Members of such co-op will only be applicable for the scheme.
- Age: The age limit of the beneficiary must not be less than 18 years and the upper age limit is must not be more than 50 years. As per the rules of the scheme, anyone who is aged between 18 and 50 years can apply for the scheme.
- Fisherman: The beneficiaries have to be fishermen professionally. Fishing and other related services should be the main and only business of the beneficiaries to get the benefits of the scheme.
The schemes clearly targeted the fishermen who risk their lives to work in the middle of the sea. They will get relived after the scheme started implementing in the state on regular basis.
- Mukhyamantri Sukarmi Puruskar Yojana Award Scheme Maharashtra for Mantralaya Employees
- App-based Taxi Service Scheme Goa
- Kerala Life Mission Housing Scheme
- Startup Manipur Online Application Form, Eligibility