Register for Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana (Scholarship for Promotion of Aptitude & Research in Stamps as a Hobby) @ postagestamps.gov.in
Central Government of India has launched a new scholarship scheme for the school student recently. Philately is one such thing that many students are immensely interested in. The ministry of communication has taken this interest of students seriously and started this scheme. Under Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana students who are involved in collecting, appreciating and researching on Stamps will get scholarship benefits from the government of India.
On 3rd Nov 2017, Friday the Central Ministry of Communication has launched Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana. Details of Scholarship for Promotion of Aptitude & Research in Stamps as a Hobby or SPARSH Yojana will be available in the official website http://www.postagestamps.gov.in/.
- The scheme: According to the scheme students who have taken philately as one of their hobbies or extra curriculum activity will get scholarship from the government to continue the research and collection.
- Of beneficiaries: There will be circles under which 40 students will get scholarship every year. In a single year 920 students will get scholarship under this scheme. From each class in school 10 students will be selected.
- Benefits: Each student will get Rs. 6000/- per year or Rs. 500/- per month from the government under this scheme. This will help them to study more about the stamps. Philately must be added to their extra curriculum or hobby in schools.
- Effect: The scheme will be benefitted for many students. It has been said that philately is one of those hobbies that bring about educational benefits. This scheme helps to encourage the study more.
- Period of Scholarship: The scholarship will be given on yearly basis. Every year students have to renew their scholarship. Before that they have to fulfil the eligibility criteria to avail the benefits of the scheme.
- Payment process: Payment will be done through bank accounts. The account must be in the joint name of the student and one of the parents. Payment will be made quarterly. Accounts should be opened in Post Office Saving Bank or India Post Payment bank. Selected beneficiaries will receive Rs. 1500/- quarterly in their bank accounts.
- Beneficiaries must be from school. The eligible classes are 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th Also the students have to be a part of Philately Club in school.
- Those schools that haven’t yet started any philately club, students from that school can take part in this scheme as well. In that case the student has to have personal Philately Deposit Account.
- Students need to score 60% in previous examination to get the benefits of the scheme. For the reserved students (SC/ST) eligible marks is 55%.
- Ace philatelists must be appointed by the schools to form the philately clubs in the schools. Also they will be responsible to encourage and train the students who want to study philately.
- Selection process will be done through the project work and quiz. Both the activities will be conducted by the circles. These circles contain committees. They will decide the subject of the projects that must be done by the students.
- Depending on the performance and result of the Philately quiz the students will get selected. The quiz conducted and result will be decided by the circles.
- Philatelists and experience postal officials will supervise and evaluate the projects and performance of the students. Whoever will perform better will get selected.
As mentioned stamp collection hobby or philately study has lot of educational advantages. Students who are taking part in these activities under the scheme will get to explore their knowledge more in future.
Philately Competition to be held by Tamil Nadu Postal Department
The Tamil Nadu Postal Department is all set to organize a philately competition for school students. Studious candidates who have an interest in collecting and studying stamps will be able to join this competition that is scheduled to be held on 12th August 2018. School candidates, studying in standard 6th to 9th will be able to enroll for this competition. Applicants will have to answer philately related quizzes. Winners of Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana will receive a cash award of Rs. 6000 from Tamil Nadu Postal Department. To attain the registration form and guidelines, interested students need to check out www.tamilnadupost.nic.in site. This competition will be held in two levels
Other Schemes –
- Awaz Health Insurance Scheme Kerala
- Maharashtra Smart Ration Card
- Rastriya swasthya bima Yojana in Chhattisgarh
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana