Dr. Rajendra Medha Scholarship Scheme in Bihar
This scheme is for the toppers of the state government schools. Those students who will top the Bihar School Examination Board exam will get several benefits including scholarships and cash rewards.
This scheme was launched during the ‘Medha Diwas’ event held at the state. It marked the 133th birth anniversary of the first President of India, Dr. Rajendra Prasad. To commemorate his birthday this scheme was launched with the name ‘Dr. Rajendra Medha Scholarship Scheme’ by the Chief Minister Nitish Kumar. During the launch event the CM also felicitated 44 toppers with laptops, e-book readers and cash prizes.
- Benefits: The students can avail several cash and other prizes for performing well in their board exams, given they fulfill the eligibility criteria.
- Bicycles for girl students: The government has given special importance to the education of girls, which is why they will provide bicycles for school girls.
- Cash prizes: The cash prizes have been divided into three categories – Rs. 1 lakh, Rs 75000 and Rs. 50,000. These shall be given in accordance of merit.
- Gadget prizes: Along with that the toppers will also get laptops, e-book readers and cash awards if they have topped their 10th or 12th board exams.
- Scholarships: The government will also ensure that these students have a good future in education through various scholarship programs. These scholarships shall be given to those who have just passed 10th or 12th.
- For 1st place in 10th or 12th board exam: You will get a laptop along with a Kindle e-reader along with Rs. 1 lakh cash prize.
- For 2nd place in 10th or 12th board exam: You will get the same prize, that is, a kindle e-book reader and a laptop, along with Rs. 75000 cash prize.
- For 3rd place in Bihar board exam: If you have got the third place all over the state then you will be rewarded with Rs. 50,000 along with a laptop and Kindle e-reader.
- Bihar residence: Since this scheme is only for those residing in Bihar, you will have to appear in Board exams from Bihar along with being a permanent resident of this state.
- Bihar board exams: This scheme is only for those students who are appearing in Bihar School Examination Board exam. This means that the state board students shall only be recognized.
- Education: You have to achieve 1st, 2nd or 3rd rank in either 10th or 12th board exam in the state to get the cash prizes or scholarships.
This scheme has been implemented to make sure that Bihar continues to have a high literacy rate. Also it will ensure that the meritorious students have the opportunity to get the best aid for their higher education. This type of scheme will build competitive spirit among the students that will eventually raise the bar for the whole education system in the state.
Other Schemes –
- Download Mannu App for Farmers in Kerala
- Punjab CM Amarinder Singh announces welfare schemes for Construction Workers
- Daman Scheme Odisha
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana