egrashry.nic.in – Create Online Stamp Papers in Haryana through e-Stamping
The state govt. of Haryana has launched an e-stamping system to bring some major changes in the stamping systems used in the administration. This scheme is aimed for making the stamping procedure transparent and effective and rule out any discrepancies. The portal designed for the e-stamping in Haryana is e-GRAS and the website for this portal is www.egrashry.nic.in. This scheme of e-stamping was introduced from the month of May, 2016 by the Haryana govt. In the initial stage, four districts were selected for this mission namely Panchkula, Gurugram, Sonepat and Faridabad. After the total implementation in those four districts, the e-stamping mechanism will be implemented in all the remaining districts of Haryana with effect from 1st March, 2017.
Some important information about e-stamping procedure in Haryana
After 1st March, 2017, the e-stamping will be the only accepted and mandatory system for all the stamping requirements and no physical stamps will be sold further. At present the physical e-stamps are available through treasury offices located in every district as well as some of the branches of SBI which are authorized for distributions of stamp papers. These physical stamp papers are of non-judicial category. The maximum amount of e-stamps that can be generated through the e-GRAS portal of Haryana is Rs. 10,000. After the demonetization drive by the NDA government, the online stamp paper system of the Haryana Govt. will have multiple online payment gateways where the consumers can use their internet banking or credit / debit cards for transaction of non-judicial stamps. The e-stamps through the e-GRAS portal can be generated first by completing the payment procedure and then by generating the e-stamp.
Generation of e-stamp papers through e-GRAS
- Open the e-GRAS portal by visiting the website: egrashry.nic.in. New users must create their account by providing some basic information like name, residential address, e-mail address, mobile number, etc.
- After creating an account successfully, unique User ID and password will be generated. This information is required for future log in to the e-GRAS account. Every time the user logs in to the account, mobile verification is carried out through OTP validation process.
- After login in to the account, one will have to visit ‘Make Payment’ option for e-stamp generation. All mandatory fields such a purpose of deposit, account head, department, deposit amount, etc are to be filled up.
- Then the portal will be redirected to the payment page where the user can select either net banking or credit / debit card for making the payment.
- A unique GRN no. will be tagged with every successful transaction which is also needed for the generation of e-stamp.
- Then go to the link – ‘Prepare Stamp Paper’ in the top of the e–GRAS portal for generation of the e-stamp. Choose the document type and your allotted GRN number and proceed for the e-stamp generation.
Offline payment of e-GRAS and refund information
The user may also opt for the offline payment of e-GRAS through any of the banks like SBI, PNB, IDBI, etc. and the treasury offices. The generation of GRN challan is mandatory which is to be brought to the bank branch for payment through cash or cheque. After validating the GRN no, the payment will be accepted and stamp paper will be printed and given to the user. e-GRAS portal also provides refund options to the Haryana citizen against unused e-stamp papers.