Free Coaching For Competitive Exams in Karnataka 2018 Eligibility Criteria, Coaching centers location, Application Form Process, Govt School Students
Traditional education is not enough in today’s cut-throat competitive. Many students desire to join professional courses after they finish their college. But it is hard to make the cut in these professional course entrance examinations. For this, one requires special coaching. It becomes difficult for poor students to get admission in these coaching classes as these centers charge high admission fee. The state government of Karnataka has come to the rescue of such students, with the launch of Free Coaching for Competitive Exams Scheme. Under this project, free coaching will be offered to all interested and eligible candidates.
|Name of the scheme
|Free Coaching For Competitive Exams
|Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy
|Date of announcement
|10th July, 2018
|Tentative date of implementation
|Pre-University Education Department of Karnataka
- Development of academic framework – With the implementation of this scheme, Karnataka state government will be able to improve the overall educational standard of its students.
- Coaching to students – Special preparation is needed before opting for professional examinations, just after college. Under this scheme, students of Karnataka will be able to get necessary guidance from special coaching classes, organized by state authority.
- Free coaching for all – All interested applicants will be able to get the coaching from free. No fee will be charged from the applicants.
- Assisting departments – For successful operation of this scheme, additional assistance will be available from Information and Communication Technology, Karnataka Examinations Authority and technical education department.
- Examination preparation – All applicants who will take admission in these centers will be able to attain assistance to prepare themselves for any JEE, CET and NEET.
- Start of free coaching classes – This scheme will be rolled out during the current academic session. If all goes well, then classes will start from August 2018.
- Total hours – It has been mentioned in the scheme draft that around 15 to 16 hours of class will be held during each week.
- Duration of each session – Though nothing is definite, classes will be held from 7:30 in the morning till 9 am. Timings may change in future.
- Number of days per week – Each week, four separate classes will be organized at these free coaching centers. The draft of this scheme says that classes have been scheduled for Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
- Subjects selected – For the time being, students will be able to learn physics, chemistry, biology and mathematics.
- Mandatory attendance – It has been mentioned in the scheme details that applicants have to attend these classes on a regular basis.
- Two tests – The CM also announced that all applicants will have to sit for two examinations each year. These exams will be conducted by the free coaching centers. It will allow the guides to see how well the applicants are preparing.
Eligibility for application
- Resident of Karnataka – As the entire scheme will be developed and funded by Karnataka government; it has highlighted a residential criterion. It states that only those students, who are legal residents of the state and have lived here for the longer duration of their lives, will be able to enroll under this educational scheme.
- Pre-university candidates – Candidates who are studying at pre-university level colleges will be able to apply for this free coaching project.
- Government college students – Only those students will be able to enroll who are associated with colleges, run fully by the state government.
- Backward as well as general class – Previously, the minister announced that only candidates belonging to SC, ST and OBC classes will be able to take part in this scheme. But then he also added that general applicants will be able to enroll as well, if they wish to.
Location of coaching centers
The free coaching centers will be established in 250 pre-university government colleges, located within the state boundaries. As the scheme has just been launched, not much is known about the actual location of these centers. The state government will publish the center list soon.
How to register for the scheme?
Not much is known about the application process for interested candidates. The state might opt for online and offline application process. When details of enrollment procedure will be finalized, authorities will release an official statement accordingly.
Schemes like these help all categories to secure their future. State minister announced that development of youngsters and students will in turn bring about the progress of the entire region. The new CM will launch several new schemes as well to bring about overall prosperity.
Other Articles –
- Anna Canteens Scheme in Andhra Pradesh
- Kaakha Scheme in Karnataka
- Ama Gaon, Ama Vikas Yojana Odisha
- Pradhan Mantri Atal Pension Yojna