Free Laptop Yojana Haryana
Haryana Government has started a scheme to provide free laptops to the students who are excellent in their academics. It is a scheme to propagate the value of education and to encourage the students to do better. Therefore under the Free Laptop Yojana the government will be providing laptops which are essential for pursuing higher education today.
All you need to know about this scheme
- Under this scheme 500 eligible students will be getting the free laptops. These 500 students are those who have secured above 95% in their 10th standard board exams.
- According to the officials, Rs. 50,000 is being spent per laptop. So you can expect a laptop that is of top notch quality. Currently there are students chosen from over 235 schools who are eligible to receive these laptops.
- Out of these 500, 100 students are those whose names have been registered by the state government board schools. Even girls who belong to the general category will be eligible to receive them.
- If you are a boy or a girl residing in Haryana who belongs to a scheduled caste or below poverty level sector, then you too will be provided with the benefits of this scheme.
About eligible students
According to the officials, nearly 97 students of the general category and 20 students of the BPL category have been included in this scheme. It also covers 10 boys and 17 girls belonging to the SC category.
This means that the government has provided special importance to the underprivileged school children. If you are from the poor strata and if you also possess the capability to excel in your studies, then the government will stand by you and provide you with this aid.
How to collect the laptops if I am eligible?
The procedure to collect the laptops for the eligible students has been simplified. If you are eligible then just follow these following steps and collect your laptops in no time –
- Fill out a form and state your marks in that form as a mode of confirmation that you did cross that specified percentage. Collect the form from your school.
- This form is available at different schools and by stating your marks in there you confirm that you did get this mark in your class.
- After that, collect your laptop from the office of State education Department. Make sure that you carry your mark sheet in original and a print out of the form with you during collection.
- You may also carry additional details such as your date of birth to confirm your identity. Although that is not mandatory and has not been asked.
Some last words
If you are one of those students who used to get Rs. 150 on a yearly basis, this is a good opportunity for you to bag the laptop. The government has extended this scheme into the free laptop scheme. All you need to do is qualify the cut offs for the scheme.