Hoshiyar Singh Education Fee Waiver Scheme Delhi

Hoshiyar Singh Education Fee Waiver Scheme Delhi

After the name of veteran educationist Shree Hoshiyar Singh, the Deputy CM Delhi, Manish Sisodia has declared about a scheme namely Fee Waiver Scheme in Delhi. Undergraduate students will now get freed from fees under this scheme.

Hoshiyar Singh Education Fee Waiver Scheme Delhi


The merit-cum-means fee waiver scheme was launched on 18th July 2017. The AAP government has launched the scheme and said the state government will supervise the implementation of the same. There will be 6 universities under this scheme.

Eligibility Criteria

  • To avail the fee waiver scheme the students have to score at least 60% in their examination. This scheme is only for undergraduate students so the students’ from other standards (schools or higher studies) will not be eligible for this scheme.
  • There will be three stages of fee waiving under this scheme like 100%, 50% and 25%. Students who are registered under National Food Security Scheme aka NFSS will get 100% waive of fees.
  • If the family income of the students is up to 2.5 Lac or less, then those students will get 50% concession on the total fees. The rest amount must be borne by the students.
  • Finally if the annual family income is more than 2.5 Lac but less than 6 Lac, those students will get 25% concession on the total fees. The rest 75% will be given by the students.
  • Those who belong to Scheduled caste and scheduled tribe will get 5% relaxation on total marks. Except for them general caste will have to score minimum 60% in boards and college examinations to get the benefit of the scheme.

Key Features

  • The Fee Waiver Scheme, Delhi is a scheme to encourage higher education in the capital state. After the name of veteran educationist Shree Hoshiyar Singh who was also attached with many government schools, the scheme has launched in last month.
  • Students who are unable to continue higher education due to financial problems will be benefited by this scheme. According to the reports, students who have excellence in studies will get financial help from the state government to continue higher studies.
  • As per the rules, this scholarship scheme will get renewed every year. To continuously get the benefit of this scheme each candidate has to maintain the excellent result in colleges. They have to earn at least 60% in total marks to get the benefit of the scheme.
  • Also the state will provide additional Rs. 5000/- to the students for books and other stationeries related to education. All these facilities will be given every year if the student remains meritorious in her/his studies.
  • Nearly 20,000 to 25, 000 students will be benefitted with this scheme in the year 2017-18. The authority is also planning to start schemes for school students of class X, XI and XII. Nearly 4 Lac students will be targeted to provide facilities.

Expected Documents

Expected documents that students should submit for registration under the schemes are Mark sheets of previous examination, Aadhaar card and income documents.

Covered Universities

There are 6 universities from the state that are enlisted under the scheme. They are Ambedkar University, Delhi Technical University, Indira Gandhi Delhi Technological University for Women, Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, GGS Indraprastha University and Delhi Pharmaceutical Science and Research University.

Budget 2017

According to the reports the state has already set a budget of Rs. 10 Cr for the academic session 2017-18 under this scheme. The budget may vary in the next year depending on the number of students and their result.

Other Articles

Leave a Reply