National Sports Talent Search Scheme (NSTSS) Online portal Registration Process nationalsportstalenthunt.com
To encourage the young sport talents across the nation, the vice president of India, Mr. Venkaiah Naidu has recently launched a web portal. With the help of this portal young sport talents can get scholarship and other facilities. The central government will select sports person from across the nation. They will focus on the schools only. The mobile app hasn’t launched yet. But it will soon be available on Smartphone so that people can easily register under the scheme from their phone.
Objective of the Scheme –
The scheme has launched to find and encourage more students and young kids to come and join the sports. In many parts of the nation students from schools leave their favourite sports or stop playing because of financial or other issues. With this scheme the restriction will be reduced largely and hence the kids can easily continue with their sports practice. According to the scheme it will cover urban as well as rural areas for selecting the sports person. All the states and union territories will be covered under the scheme for 5 years (from 2015-16 to 2019-20).
- Scholarship: Under this scheme 1000 young sports persons will be selected from across the nation. They will be provided scholarship for next 8 years. According to the scheme Rs. 5 Lac will be provided as scholarship to each student.
- The Portal: The portal http://nationalsportstalenthunt.com is the official website for the scheme. To apply for the scheme people need to sign up in the website and login to the portal. The portal is available in 5 languages including Hindi, Tamil, Marathi, Kannada and English. People, who are from rural areas or are not much familiar with English, can use the portal in any of these languages.
- Eligibility: Kids from age group of 8 years to 12 years who have admitted to 4th, 5th and 6th standard in school will be eligible for the scheme. They can belong to any category or any state / UT. They must be anatomically fit and must have physical capabilities and anthropometric qualities.
- Benefits: The scheme is launched to encourage the sports in the nation. Kids who are ageing between 8 and 12 will get enough platform and training to boost up their physical capabilities. This scheme will help these aspiring sports persons to become more improved in the respective sports’ field so that they can represent the nation in international platforms in future. Also with the scheme many a sports will get boosted up and young kids will be interested to join in.
To register for the scheme the candidate must follow three steps. Before applying for the scheme the candidate has to register with the Sports Authority of India official Web Portal. Here are the steps to follow for the registration.
- How to Register:
- Step1: The candidate has to click on the link http://nationalsportstalenthunt.com. The home page will open. On the right-above corner of the page ‘Register’ tab will be shown. Click on the tab to get the registration form.
- Step 2: The registration form will pop up on the home page. This is not the scheme registration form. It is a registration form for the web portal registration process.
- Step 3: Enter the basic details in the form. Name, Address, Mobile number, E-mail ID, Date of birth, Gender and finally the Captcha shown in the text box must be entered. There is also a box for Aadhaar but it is not a mandatory field.
- Step 4: Once the details are correctly entered, click on the check box given below that says the candidate has accepted all the terms and conditions of the registration.
- Step 5: Finally click on the ‘Register Now’ tab given below to finish the registration process for the web portal. If you have entered any wrong information or you want to start the process again then you can click on ‘Reset’ button.
- Step 6: After submitting the form the candidates will receive a login ID and password on their registered mobile number. That ID and password must be saved for logging in to the web portal.
- Create a profile
Once the candidates receive the login ID and password can create their profile under the web portal to apply for the schemes and other benefits through the website. In the profile, created by the candidate, the selectors will find each and every detail about their sports career.
- Step 1: Visit the home page of the official website of SAI again http://nationalsportstalenthunt.com. See the tab ‘Login’ in the right-above corner of the page. Click on the ‘Login’ Tab.
- Step 2: Login in the website with the ID and password you have received after registering in the website. After logging in you will be redirected to your account page. Find the ‘Profile’ tab and click on the ‘create profile’ option.
- Step 3: In the ‘create profile’ page the candidate has to enter his / her sports details, achievements, awards, medals and other educational details.
- Step 4: The certificates such as educational certificates, sports’ achievement certificates and other school related certificates must be uploaded. The scanned copies of these documents are required to upload in the website.
- Step 5: Enter other related details in the profile to make a complete sports profile under the web portal. This profile will help the selector to know more about the candidate and his / her achievements in a particular sport.
- Apply for Scheme
After completion of the above mentioned two steps the application for the National Sports Talent Search Scheme will appear to the candidate on the website. The candidate can only apply for the scheme if he / she have the completed profile on the website.
To apply for the scheme one has to click on the scheme mentioned in the website and find the ‘Application Form’ for the same. Following the instruction given on the website the candidates can apply for the scheme online.
How to Check Eligibility
Whether the candidate is eligible for the scheme or not can be easily checked through the official website of SAI scheme. To check the eligibility criteria candidates can click on the link http://nationalsportstalenthunt.com/iFileSAI/schemeEligibility/checkSchemeEligibility. After clicking on this link a form will appear on the screen. Fill up the form with appropriate information and click on the ‘Submit’ button below. With submission of the form the website will let the candidate know whether he/she is eligible for the scheme or not.
Find training centre list
Total 286 training centres are enlisted under this scheme. All the names and locations are mentioned in the website. To get the training centre list one has to click on the link http://nationalsportstalenthunt.com/iFileSAI/showCenter/showCenterPage.
Sports wise skill test
The candidates can take the sports wise skill test anytime in the website. To know more about the sports wise skill test click on the link http://www.nationalsportstalenthunt.com/iFileSAI/sportsSkillTest/showSportsSkillTest.
The candidates can also check the discipline list on the website. Clicking on the following link http://www.nationalsportstalenthunt.com/iFileSAI/showDiscipline/showDisciplinePage, the candidates can check for the details discipline list for the scheme.
Those who have different queries regarding the scheme, eligibility, operation, selection and such can check the Frequently Asked Questions mentioned in the website. The following link http://www.nationalsportstalenthunt.com/iFileSAI/showFaq/showFaqPage will redirect to the FAQs page.
Quick view –
|National Sports Talent Search Scheme
|28th Aug 17
|Occasion on the launch day
|National sports Day
|Sports Minister, Vijay Goel
|Presence of special guest
|Vice President of India Shree Venkaiah Naidu
|Program organized at
|Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium in New Delhi
|Moto of the scheme
|The young sport persons can get the facility of the scheme through this portal.
|Specially designed for
|8 to 12 years kids
|Sports Authority of India Head Office, Jawahar Lal Nehru Stadium Complex (East Gate)Lodhi Road, New Delhi 110003