Krishonnati Yojana For Farmers Green Revolution [11 Different Small Schemes Clubbed Under One Umbrella] [कृशोन्नति योजना]
The first basic need of human being is food, which we get from farms. Nearly about 80% of Indian populations are farmers. However due to lack of sufficient funds and proper farming technique and guidelines, and also the fact the farmers work hard and in turn they get paid less, these all add up to reducing the number of farmers. According to Census, in the year 2011 there are only 24% of cultivators, however to overcome this situation the govt. of India is trying their level best to encourage farmers to stay in the business.
Announcement And Budget Details
Recently, Cabinet committee of economic affairs (CCEA) gave continuation to the scheme, taking into account social and scientific factors, which will double the income of the farmers. The scheme is called as Krishonnati Yojana for farmers. The cultivators can benefit from this scheme within the period of 2017 – 2020.
The PM and the Ministry of Agriculture has approved this scheme as the central govt scheme and also have committed a share of around 33.25 cr.
Since there are 11 different small schemes clubbed under one umbrella, “Krishonnati Yojana” hence it is also called as the Umbrella scheme. It is said that by 2022, the income of the farmers will be doubled. As this umbrella scheme a proper market will be provided to the farmer where they can sell their products. All the 11 various scheme are described below.
Various Schemes under the Umbrella scheme:-
- Mission for Integrated Development of Horticulture (MIDH) :- Under this scheme, as the name suggests is for horticulture. This scheme will give an improved national nutritional safety and will look into the development of horticulture by providing economic support, and by increasing the production. The govt is willing to invest 7533.04 cr to the
- National Food Security Mission (NFSM) including National Mission on Oil Seeds and Oil Palm (NMOOP) :- Under this scheme, The districts where there is a production of rice, wheat, pulses, coarse cereals, commercial crops, the soil fertility will be resorted which will increase the production. This will also increase the cultivation of vegetables and which in turn will also increase the edible oil production. The govt has approved 6893.38 cr for this scheme
- National Mission for Sustainable Agriculture (NMSA):- Apart from soil health development the agro ecology will also be developed under this scheme. Resource conservation will also be taken care off under this scheme. The govt has approved 3980.82 cr for this scheme
- Sub – mission on Agriculture Extension (SMAE) :- Under this scheme the farmer will be socio economically empowered, to achieve food and nutrition security. Vaious self development tools including the usage of print and electronic media and communication skills will also be carried out with the help of HRD. The govt has approved 2961.26 cr for this scheme.
- Sub-Mission on Seeds and Planting Material (SMSP):- Under this scheme the quality of the seed production would be considered, by increasing the suppy of quality seeds storing, production processing and testing. This will increase the quatily of seeds. The govt has approved 920.6 cr for this scheme.
- Sub-Mission on Agricultural Mechanization (SMAM): -Giving Hi tech machineries, giving power supply, testing centers. Not only big farmers by small farmers will also benefit from this scheme. The govt has approved 3250 cr for this scheme.
- Sub Mission on Plant Protection and Plan Quarantine (SMPPQ) :- under this scheme the basic aim is to export the crops hence to maintain the export quality there should protection of crops from insect pests, diseases, weeds, nematodes & rodents. The govt has approved 1022.67 cr for this scheme.
- Integrated Scheme on Agriculture Census, Economics and Statistics (ISACES) :- Under this scheme the basic aim is to study and increase the agriculture census. Varios research and studies will be carried out to improve the agricultural products. The govt has approved 730.58 cr for this scheme.
- Integrated Scheme on Agricultural Cooperation (ISAC):- Under this scheme economic assistance for the betterment of the crops will be provided. For better cultivation, yielding and marketing, safely storing of the product and record keeping will be carried out. The govt has approved 1902.636 cr for this scheme.
- Integrated Scheme on Agricultural Marketing (ISAM):- Under this scheme establishment of agriculture marketing network so to make the products available online. The govt has approved 3863.93cr for this scheme.
- National e-Governance Plan (NeGP-A): Under this scheme:- there are some ICT initiative taken by the state and the central govt both authorities will streamline these initiatives and make everything to fall in one place. The govt has approved 211.06 cr for this scheme.
All the above 11 schemes fall under one umbrella of Krishonnati Yojana.
- Devnarayan Gurukul Yojana in Rajasthan
- PNG/LPG Sahay Yojana Subsidy Scheme Gujarat
- Atal New India Challenges Application Form
- New Consumer Protection Bill 2018