Maharashtra Open School Board (OSB) Scheme for Education of Left Out Students
In order to improve the literacy ratio in the state and also to help the students who are all left out their studies due to various circumstance to complete their education, the state government of Maharashtra is about to implement the OSB (Open School Board) Scheme.
Announcement of OSB scheme in Maharashtra
On the 13th of March 2018, the education department of the state Maharashtra has referred the approval from the state cabinet on starting the OSB scheme in the state. In responding to that approval, the state education department has reviled that the OSB will be implemented soon along with the boundaries similar to the Open Universities.
The announcement of the OSB Scheme came from the Mr. Vinod Tawde who is the current educational minister.
What is OSB (Open School Board)?
The Open school system is something very similar to the Indira Gandhi National Open University and the Yeshwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University, where the school drop outs can able to join and complete their school education.
Though, the students of Maharashtra has the option of joining at NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling) but it always gives them the think of being in part of the non-regular education system, owing to that many keep avoiding that. Unlike NIOS, the OSB gives the regular education system which gives the opportunities to the students or adults or housewives to complete their basic education up to the higher secondary class 12th.
The OSB will be governed by the Maharashtra state board of secondary and higher secondary education, however, the syllabus of those regular board educations will be different when compared with the upcoming OSB (Open School Board).
Key Points and highlighting Features
- Students or people who are all skipped their schoolings from regular mainstream education can able to complete their studies by rejoining them via OSB scheme.
- With the launch of this OSB scheme, high amount of women, daily workers and also students who left out from their studies because of taking part in the various sports and other extracurricular activities can have the opportunities to complete their studies.
- The upcoming OSB education policy will includes the Marathi, Hindi, Sanskrit, Gujarati, Urdu and English as the basic languages, students or beneficiaries can pick the suitable one to continue their studies.
- In addition to those languages, the OSB scheme also has the subjects which is something unique and which can’t be seen in the regular mainstream education syllabus.
- The lists of subjects which are amended in the OSB scheme are Informative Technology & Co-operatives, Economics, Screen Printing, Agriculture, Bakery Production and Science & Technology.
While looking into the list of subjects which are included in the OSB scheme, it is clearly understandable that the government is fully focused on providing the job oriented education to the people. Since, the education has became the essential for availing jobs, it is essential for all to get educated in basic and to develop their skills according to grab the job opportunities.
- Maa Tujhe Pranam Yojana MP
- Rajiv Gandhi Entrepreneurship Scheme Karnataka
- RTE Maharashtra 2018-19
- Asmita Yojana in Maharashtra