PM Awas Yojana Meghalaya
A recent report showcased that there are around 5 million families in the country that are still do not have a proper or a pucca house to live in. Keeping this in mind the Modi government launched the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana in the year 2015.
The main objective of launching this PMAY housing scheme is to provide affordable houses to the poor and homeless people of the country, so that their living standard can be improved. The entire scheme scheduled to implement in three phases across the nation.
About the PMAY scheme
Under this PMAY scheme, cities across the nation have been chosen for the construction of affordable houses which will be allocated to the beneficiaries of the scheme.
- The family should not have an annual income of more than 6 lakhs. This means that the scheme is applicable to the families belonging to Economically Weaker Section, Below Poverty Line and Lower Income Group category.
- The first preference will be given to women, senior citizens and physically disabled applicants for the allocation of the houses that are being built under this scheme.
Another remarkable feature of this housing PMAY scheme is that the beneficiaries of the scheme can take a home loan which will be given to them at a subsidized rate of interest. Under this scheme a loan amount of up to Rs.6 lakhs is given at an interest rate of just 6.5%.
The loan amount can also be used to construct an own house to or to extend or repair an own house. Apart from this it has been mentioned that all the houses constructed as a part of this scheme will have toilets and will be eco-friendly in nature. The beneficiaries taking loan to build an own house also have to follow the construction guidelines.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana in Meghalaya
For this housing scheme a total of around 4100 cities across the nation have been chosen for the construction of new and affordable houses. Out of these 4100 cities 10 cities picked from the state of Meghalaya. Here are the details about the picked cities and town from Meghalaya
Cities of Meghalaya that have been chosen for the construction of houses under the PM’s Awas Yojana
The scheme will be implemented in three phases but then the overall objective is to complete the construction and allocation process under the scheme before the 75th year of Indian Independence that is in the year of 2022. The construction process has already stared in the selected cities under the phase one.
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Karnataka
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana in Himachal Pradesh
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
- How to open Jan Dhan Account