Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Telangana
Having an own house is a dream of every man and woman. But then India there are many families that do not have proper houses to live in due to the expense that buying or constructing a house involves. So the government of Mr. Modi has launched the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana.
About Pradhan Mnatri Awas Yojana
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is an affordable housing scheme established in 2015 with an aim of providing affordable houses to the homeless people who belong to the EWS, LIG of the society and to the people who belong to the below poverty line category. The people belonging to these mentioned categories, who do not have an own pucca house will be provided houses under this scheme.
As a part of this scheme affordable houses will be constructed in different cities which will be allotted to the eligible beneficiaries of the scheme. The government has laid guideline according to which the selection of the beneficiaries would take place.
Notable features of the scheme
- The scheme offers a credit linked subsidy. Under this scheme the beneficiaries may take a home loan at a subsidized rate of interest.
- The loan taken under this scheme can be used for buying a house from the new houses that are being constructed as a part of this scheme, the money can be used in building an own pucca house or it can also be used for repairing an existing house that is in a bad condition.
Awas Yojana in Telangana
More than 4000 cities of India have been chosen for the construction of houses under this scheme and out of which 68 cities belong to the Telangana region of the country. Under this scheme housing loan of up to Rs.6 lakh will be provided with the interest rate of 6.5% only.
Cities selected from Telangana
- PM Awas Yojana Meghalaya
- Padhe Bharat Badhe Bharat (PBBB) Uttar Pradesh
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojna 2016