Mukhya Mantri Tirth Yatra Yojana in Delhi 2018 – Free for senior citizen Online Application Form Process, Eligibility Criteria, Train Schedule, Darshan
The central government has approved new scheme for the senior citizens within the capital. According to the new initiative the Delhi Government will offer with the convenience of participating in the Pilgrimage scheme. The new scheme is termed as the Mukhya Mantri’s Tirth Yatra Yojana. This is a type of pilgrimage scheme under which the state government will select Senior citizens to send to pilgrimage places.
- The new Pilgrimage scheme has been announced by the Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal. The official announcement of the scheme was made by the CM on 9th January 2018 in the assembly meeting.
- The new initiative has been taken by the state government to be implemented within all 70 assembly constituencies of the Capital.
- The state government has already stated that the new pilgrimage scheme is only valid for residents of Delhi. The government has also clearly stated that the benefit can only be taken by senior citizens of the state so to get full benefit the beneficiary has to be 60 years or above of age.
- According to the restrictions made bye the Delhi Government the beneficiaries should not have an annual family income exceeding Rs 3 lakhs via any other sources.
- Apart from this to be eligible under the scheme the state government has also stated that the candidate should not have been employed with the local, state or central government for any post or be a retired person from any government post.
- According to the statements made by the government, the beneficiaries will be offered with fully paid pilgrimage trip. So the cost of pilgrimage will be completely borne by the state government.
- Latest updates have been made that the state government will make the selection of over 77,000 senior citizens for registration under the scheme on yearly basis from various assembly constituencies.
- The government has also stated that each senior citizen can also be accompanied by one member from their family to travel along with them. The entire travel cost the family member will also be borne by the government. The applicant can select a companion who is above 18 years of age to travel.
- At the time of registration the applicants will also have to provide with self attested certification that they have not yet taken any benefit under this scheme earlier.
- At the time of travel the government will also offer the senior citizens with a coverage of life insurance worth Rs 2 lakhs in value. The state government will also offer with complete cost for Food, lodging and traveling.
- The government will make a selection of over 1100 senior citizens from each constituency.
- According to the updates collected by the government sources, the senior citizens will be able to make selection from five categories –Vaishno devi Jammu trip, Anandpur sahib- wagah Border-Amritsar trip, Pushkar dham- Ajmer trip, Neelkahnth-Rishikesh-Haridwar trip, Fatehpur sikri-Mathura-Agra-Vrindawan trip.
- The state government has also stated that each of the above mentioned trip will be for two nights and three days that will be funded by Tirth Yatra Vikas Committee.
- The government has also stated that for each trip and for each applicant the government will be spending over Rs 7000 for covering total cost. Transportation Department and Delhi Tourism will be organizing the tours. The state government will also arrange for AC buses for the pilgrims.
- The state government has also ensured that the application forms will be made available online via official website. For the submission work the applicants will have to make manual submission at Tirth Yatra Vikas samithi office or the office of the concerned MLA.
- The application forms can also be submitted at the nearest Divisional commissioners office by the applicants. The process of selecting of selecting the candidates will be made via lucky draw system by the officials and MLAs.
The state government has also stated that for the final implementation stage the proposal has been presented to the LG for official approval. The state government aims at getting started with the trip by February or January 2018 end.
Other Schemes –
- Mukhyamantri Samagra Gram Yojana
- Uttar Pradesh Berojgari Bhatta
- Delhi Metro Gets Free Wi-Fi
- Delhi schemes