Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana in Gujarat 2020 Eligibility Criteria, Application Form, Documents, Final List, Status Hospital
The Gujarat government developed and implemented the Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana with the desire to ensure that poor people have access to sophisticated medical facilities. The scheme provides cashless treatment to the beneficiaries. Some changes have been made in the scheme guidelines and benefits recently. If you want to know about the features, eligibility, important documents, application process and other aspects, then read the following article carefully.
|Name of the scheme||Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana|
|Launched by||Anandiben Patel|
|Date of announcement||4th September 2012|
|Date of implementation||2013|
|Target beneficiaries||Financially weak individuals|
|Application process||Offline process|
|Supervised by||Gujarat Health and Family Welfare Department|
Key features of the scheme
- Better medical facility – The aim of the scheme was to provide optimum medical facilities to the poor people of the state, free of cost.
- Cashless treatment – The beneficiaries will be entitled to receive cashless treatment in the selected hospitals/nursing homes for specified diseases.
- Insurance coverage amount – Each beneficiary family can claim cashless treatment upto Rs. 3 lakh.
- Maximum number of insured people – The official draft of the scheme stated that 5 members from every beneficiary family will be able to attain cashless treatment, when necessity arises.
- Premium payment – The Gujarat government will pay the premium of the medical insurance coverage scheme on behalf of the applicant.
- Empaneled hospitals only – The state government has published a list of government-run and private hospitals, which will be able to admit patients underthis project.
- Grant for transportation – Some poor patients must travel to the cities or district hospitals from remote areas for better treatment. As they lack money, the state government will offer a maximum of Rs. 300 as transportation fee.
- Number of diseases – The scheme highlights that any beneficiary will be able to obtain the cashless treatment for any of the 698 ailments, mentioned in the list.
Eligibility for applicants
- Must be a resident of the state – As the scheme has been sponsored by the Gujarat government, only legal and permanent inhabitants of the state can register.
- Financial background – Households, falling in the BPL and LIG categories will obtain the perks of this scheme. People, belonging to low middle income groups can also register for the scheme.
- Income criterion – The maximum income of the applicant must not exceed Rs. 3 lakh mark on an annual basis.
- Applicable for U-win Card holders – Such candidates, who already possess a U-Win card, will automatically become the beneficiaries of this scheme.
- For ASHA workers and reporters – Registered ASHA workers and reporters can register for the cashless treatment scheme.
- Class 3 and 4 state appointed employees – The state government often recruits class 3 and class 4 employees. They obtain a fixed salary from the authority. These individuals can enroll and acquire the perks of this project.
- Senior citizens can apply – A person who is 60 years of age or above will be able to register for the medical insurance scheme, if the yearly income of the family is less than or equal to Rs. 6 lakhs.
Documents necessary for the scheme
- Residential proof – If the applicant fails to provide an authorized residential proof, then he/she will not be able to attain the perks of this scheme.
- Financial background certificates – It is pertinent for the candidates to submit either the BPL card of the LIG certificates.
- Income documents – The interested candidate needs to provide a copy of his/her annual family income certificate.
- U-win card photocopy – The original U-Win card must be furnished during the application process.
- Registration certificates – The ASHA workers and reporters must provide registration certificate copies, issued by Gram Panchayat or Municipality office and State Press Council respectively.
- Designation certificates – If the class 3 and class 4 employees desire to become a part of this project, they must furnish job and designation certificates, issued by the respective government department.
- Age proof for senior citizens – It is mandatory for the aged applicants to submit a copy of their age proofs during the registration process.
How to get application form and register for the scheme?
- Offline application – All interested applicants must opt for the offline registration process that will take place at the listed hospitals.
- Document verification – The patient can approach the hospital staff with the request of applying for the scheme. The staff will obtain the necessary document, and fill in an online application form.
- Verification of details – The details of the candidate will be entered in the state database for completing the verification process.
- Issuance of scheme card – After the completion of the verification process, the eligible applicant will be given a Quick Response Coded Card. It will contain the details of the patient.
- Application through kiosks – In case the candidate lives far from a listed hospital, he/she can complete the enrollment process at Mobile Kiosks, Civic Centre Kiosks and Taluka Kiosks.
How to claim the benefits of the scheme?
- The benefit claiming process is rather easy. The best part is, the patient need not take care of the paperwork. He/she must bring the Quick Response Coded Card.
- The hospital staff will scan the QR card and attain the details of the person.
- Once the verification is complete, the person will get admission in the listed hospital.
- It is the responsibility of the hospital authority to prepare the document, and send it to the Health and Welfare Department of Gujarat.
Diseased covered under the scheme
It has been mentioned in the scheme draft that no cosmetic surgeries will be covered by the cashless medical insurance project. Here is a list of treatment procedures, which have been included in the scheme:
- Renal illnesses
- Burn injuries
- Cardiovascular ailments
- Poly -Trauma
- Neurological diseases
- Neonatal issues
- Knee replacement surgeries
- Hip replacement operations
- Kidney and liver transplant surgeries
Many individuals in Gujarat do not have the financial soundness to opt for expensive medical treatment in the hospitals. The implementation of this scheme ensures that they get befitting medical attention. As the medical expenses will be paid by the state government, the patients need not worry about monetary constraints. Till date, it is the most popular and successful scheme, developed by the Gujarat government.
- YSR Jagananna Vasati Deevena Scheme
- UP Submersible Pumps Online Registration
- YSR Navasakham Scheme Eligibility Criteria
- YSR Pelli Kanuka Scheme