YSR Jagananna Vasati (Vasathi) Deevena Scheme in Andhra Pradesh 2020 – (Hostel Fees by Government, Eligibility Criteria, Application Form, Documents, Final List, Status)
The Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister had announced a special financial assistance scheme for the students, who are studying in the colleges. The implementation of the Jagananna Vasathi Deevena Scheme has been finalized recently. The Chief Minister announced the official launch of this scheme at Vizianagaram. Under this project, the eligible students will acquire an annual scholarship from the state government. Here is detailed information about the various aspects of the project.
Launch details of the scheme
Name of the scheme
Jagananna Vasathi Deevena Scheme
YS Jagan Mohan Reddy
2019 – 2020
24th February, 2020
Needy students, pursuing higher studies
Government of Andhra Pradesh
Key features of the scheme
- Financial assistance for the students – The Andhra Pradesh government wants to provide financial support to the needy students so that they feel encouraged to continue educational quests.
- Reduction in dropout percentage – As the students need not worry about financial issues; they can continue their higher education. It will reduce the dropout rate.
- Increase in literacy rate – The implementation of this project will give a boost to the overall literacy rate in the state.
- Tenure of grant payment – The beneficiary will receive the grant as long as the course continues.
- Payment mode – Direct Benefit Transfer mode will be used for the distribution of the grant.
- Installments – The student will attain the educational grant in two installments. The installments will be deposited in the bank account in February and July.
- Mother’s bank account – The scholarship will be transferred in the bank account of the beneficiary’s mother. In case the mother is absent, the legal guardian will be considered for this.
Grant details for students
Stream Of The Students
Grant Amount Per Year
Students of ITI colleges
Students pursuing degree courses
Students in polytechnic institutes
Details on eligibility
- Resident of the state – If the applicant is not a permanent and legal resident of the state, then he/she will not get any grant.
- Students of specific streams can apply – Students, pursuing degree courses, ITI programs and polytechnic curriculum can apply.
- Registered colleges – The student must pursue the course in a government college or a private college that is registered with the state education board.
- Family income requirement – The annual family earning of the applicant’s parents must be less than or equal to Rs. 2.5 lakhs.
- Land holding limits – If the parents have access to more than 25 acres of dry and/or wet farming land, the application of the student will be rejected.
- Not for government employees or pension holders – If the parent works in the state or central government office, or receives pension from either of the two authorities, then the student cannot get the financial assistance.
- Applicable for sanitation workers – If the father and/or mother of the candidate work in the sanitation sector, then he/she can register for this welfare project.
- Applicable for auto and taxi drivers – If the father of the students drives an auto or taxi for earning the livelihood, then the student can apply for the monetary assistance.
- Bank account is a must – It is mandatory for the mother or the official guardian to have an active bank account, for the timely deposition of the grant money.
- Authorized residential certificate
- Aadhar card and voter card
- Academic certificates
- Admission documents of the college
- Land possession records
- Non-tax payer certificate
- Annual family income certificate
- Occupational certificate of parents
- Non-government employee and non-pension holder declarations
- Bank account details
Application form and registration details
- Registration via the portal – To ensure that all eligible applicants can apply for this scheme, the state government has launched a separate portal. One can land on this website by clicking on the link http://navasakam.ap.gov.in/.
- Activate the notification – On the official page, applicants will get the notification of the scheme. When the candidate clicks on the Jagananna Vasathi Deevena Scheme notification, the site will be triggered to bring up the project details.
- Online enrollment form – Once the applicant reads the guidelines, he/she can click on the appropriate link to activate the virtual application form.
- Filling up the application form – The candidate must fill in the academic and personal details, along with the bank account details of his/her mother.
- Document attachments – The applicant must upload the scanned copies of the documents, which will be used by the government officials for verification.
- Submission of the application form – The final step involves the submission of the registration form. For this, the candidate needs to click on the “Submit” button.
The Chief Minister has mentioned in the election manifesto that his government will ensue that the meritorious students are not forced to give up their dreams of higher education, due to financial scarcity. The implementation of the scheme is a comprehensive step that will aid the state government to keep this promise. The success of this project will increase the percentage of students, who obtain higher education degrees, from reputed institutions.
Other links –
- Welfare Schemes in Assam for Tea Tribes
- YSR Pelli Kanuka Scheme AP
- YSR Kapu Nestham scheme AP
- YSR Rythu Bharosa Scheme AP List