NCERT Books Online Portal @ncertbooks.ncert.gov.in deliver textbooks to students at home
National Council of Educational Research and Training aka NCERT will now have their online portal to deliver their books to schools. In a recent report by popular news portal, a senior official from NCERT has stated that from now on school authorities can place order for NCERT text books through online portal. The books will be delivered to the school.
The report about portal was out on 11th June 2017. In a recent event the portal was launched official on first week of August i.e. on 5th of August. It has been reported that until 8th September the schools and vendors can place the order for their books. From 9th of August schools and vendors can start placing their order for books for 2018-19 academic sessions.
NCERT Online Portal
National council has started the online portal http://www.ncertbooks.ncert.gov.in/ to place order for books and get them at the doorways. To get the books the schools have to register with the website. Also the vendors can register as well for the books.
- To register under the official portal, the schools will have to click on the mentioned link. The link will redirect to the home page of the NCERT web portal.
- At the right side of the page, there is a dialogue box for login in the website. If you are not a member yet, then click on the ‘New User’ button below the login credential box.
- Clicking on the ‘New User’ tab, you will be redirected to the new page where a new dialogue box will be shown. In the empty text box the school authority has to enter their Affiliation Code.
- After entering the Affiliation Code, click on the ‘Search’ button next and proceed further. Once your school name appears you can further proceed for placing the order of respective books.
- If you are a vendor and willing to place bulk order for text books, then you can also register with the web portal. Click on the link mentioned above to reach the home page of the web portal.
- Click on the ‘New User’ tab in the right side of the screen to redirect to the next page. In the next page you will get two options on screen, School and Vendor. Click on the ‘Vendor’ tab above.
- Clicking on the ‘Vendor’ tab, you will get an empty text box where you have to enter your email ID and click on the ‘Search’ button for further process.
As per the official in NCERT soon the students will get the benefit of online book store. Individual students can register in the website and can place the order for their books. No money will be charged at the time of placing order for the individual or school or vendors. They can get them at their doorsteps soon.
If the website run out of stock anytime then schools or students will have to buy them from private publishers. Otherwise the books will be available at low cost in the website, only standard postal charges will be applicable.