Nishulk Pathya Pustak Yojana in Madhya Pradesh 2018-19 [Free Textbooks] Application Form Process, Documents, Eligibility Criteria निशुल्क पाठ्य पुस्तक योजना
Lack of adequate number of schools is not the only reason for low literacy rate in India. Though central government has taken several proactive steps to increase number of government schools all parts of the nation, many families are not financially capable of financing education of their children. It sometimes becomes difficult for parents to purchase necessary textbooks. Unfortunately, children are forced to stop their education. The state government of Madhya Pradesh has implemented a new educational scheme called Nishulk Pathya Pustak Yojana. Under this project, selected candidates will receive free textbooks.
|Name of the scheme||Nishulk Pathya Pustak Yojana|
|Launched in||Madhya Pradesh|
|Launched by||Shivraj Singh Chouhan|
|Date of launch||June 2017|
|Target beneficiaries||Secondary and Higher Secondary level|
|Supervised by||Madhya Pradesh Women and Child Development|
- Development of education and literacy rate – The implementation of this project will bring about a development in the overall education sector in Madhya Pradesh. When more and more students will go to school, it will increase the state literacy rate as well.
- Reducing school dropouts – With the implementation of this scheme, the state government offered poor parents respite from purchasing schools books for their wards. When children get their hands on these free books, they will feel encouraged to attend school regularly, thereby reducing school dropout candidates.
- Free text books – It is mentioned in the scheme draft that selected students, studying in government schools will be able to apply and receive free textbooks from School Book Commission.
- Allotted books for English medium – The scheme states that students, studying in English medium government schools will receive 48 textbooks from the state government.
- Allotted books for Hindi medium – Under this scheme, Hindi medium students will receive 34 textbooks from state government.
- Allotted books for Urdu medium – Eligible students, studying in Urdu medium schools will stand a chance to get as many as 8 free textbooks from the state government.
Eligibility for application
- Residents of MP – As state government of Madhya Pradesh will sponsor this education scheme, it will enable only legal resident of this state to apply and get the benefits of this scheme.
- Must study in government schools – Only those candidates will be able to enroll under this free textbook scheme that have taken admission in schools which are run by MP state education board.
- For students of 9th to 12th class – It has been highlighted in the scheme that free textbooks will be offered to students of secondary and higher-secondary level only. Thus, students studying from 9th to 12th standard will be able to register under this project.
Important documents necessary for application
- Residential proof – As there is a residential criterion that has to be met, applicants have to attach a domicile certificate. It will highlight the official postal address of the student.
- Aadhar card – It is compulsory for all applicants to attach a photocopy of their Aadhar cards with the registration form. Only those students will be able to apply who have Aadhar cards.
- School certificate – The applicants need to attach a valid certificate, issued from the school, with the registration form. In this certificate, the name, address, and status of the school will be highlighted. It will also mention the student’s current class.
How to get the application form?
State government has kept the provision for offline application. Any eligible candidate who desires to get free textbooks from the state authority will have to collect an enrollment form from the Text Book Corporation office. They will not have to pay any money for getting this form.
How to apply for the scheme?
- All interested and eligible candidates need to collect the registration form to apply for receiving free textbooks.
- This form will be distributed from the office of Text Book Corporation.
- Once candidates get the enrollment form, they need to fill it up with necessary details.
- Then they need to attach necessary documents with this application form and submit it at the same Text Book Corporation office.
- Respective authority will check the details, and if everything is in place, selected applicants will be notified.
- These candidates will have to come to the office of Text Book Corporation and collect their free text books after showing their ID cards.
This free textbook scheme will assist poor students in pursuing their dreams of higher education. The state has also implemented several financial grant schemes, which will offer additional support to these candidates. MP government has a clear goal to improve the quality of education in state-run schools. If more and more students complete their schooling, it will add value to the job market and economic progress of the state as well.
- Bihar Victim Compensation Scheme 2018 for Rape & Acid Attack
- Shram Suvidha Account Registration
- Swachh Bharat Abhiyan Summer Internship 2018
- Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana 2018