Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana (rkvy.nic.in)
It is important to develop the condition of farmers and agriculture in all parts of the country. With integration of all agricultural schemes, the development of agriculture is possible. Thus, the central government has launched the Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana. With the help of this program, central government will help each state with required amount of financial assistance. This money can be utilized according to the needs of each state authority.
Launch details of the scheme
The PM of the nation made a declaration about the implementation and launch of the Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana in the August 2007. The activities of the scheme or the guidelines were prepared by the Ministry of Agriculture & Farmer Welfare, Government of India.
Latest details of the scheme
Recently, the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs or CCEA has announced that it will try to churn out positive results from RKVY during 2017 – 2018. This new scheme will be known as RKVY-RAFTAAR and will span till 2020. The full form of RAFTAAR is Remunerative Approaches for Agriculture and Allied sector Rejuvenation. The objective behind the implementation of the integrated scheme is assisting each state in producing better agricultural produce. For this, the central government has allocated 15,722 crore. This money will be spent for bringing about more agribusiness. The central government will provide 60% of the expense to other states while 90% expense will be given to the states which are located in Himalayan and North-Eastern parts.
Key features of the scheme
- Providing financial assistance for development of agriculture – As mentioned in the draft, each state will be given a particular amount of money that will assist in developing agricultural condition in the area. If the state is spending more money for farming expansion, the central authority will allocate more funds.
- Responsibility of the respective state – It will be the responsibility of each state authority to make necessary plans for developing the overall agricultural situation. The state will have power to create plans and programs, which will suit the needs of that respective area.
- Integration of all agricultural sections – With monetary assistance from the central government, each state will try to bring in all aspects of agriculture under one roof. The grants will assist in progress of all fields in an integrated manner.
- Improving the profit margin – With several developmental strategies, the states will be able to ensure a better crop to its farmers. When crop production is good, the farmers will be able to sell it and acquire a handsome profit as well.
- Reducing crop gaps – With the implementation of several developmental plans, the states will be able to bring down the gap that exists in sector of essential crop cultivation. With low crop gap, the farmers will make more profit and price of the produce will also be moderate.
- 100% allocation of required funds – Once the central government makes assessments, it will provide 100% support to each state. The total amount will be given as a grant for the development of agriculture in that area.
- Planning at all levels – The state agricultural departments will have to provide a detailed list of schemes, which they want to develop and implement in the respective area. Accordingly, the central government will allocate money according to district level planning of the state authority.
- No automatic allocation – Central government will provide funds on the basis of incentives to each state. Thus, there will be no automatic generation of funds for any state. They need to earn it by showing their efforts.
- Makes matters flexible – With the assistance of this grant, the state authorities will be able to get the freedom they need to launch and implement various agriculture related programs. They need not answer to anyone. The central will assess the progress at the end of the term.
- Cancellation of the scheme – In case the overall agricultural production of any sate goes down, it will automatically be rejected as per the guidelines of the scheme. In such condition, the state will have to return the money that has been allocated to it.
Areas under the scheme
- Agriculture Mechanization – One of the main sectors that the scheme addresses is the improvement of mechanization in the agricultural sector. The poor farmers cannot afford the expensive machines so the state will assist them with access to these heavy machineries.
- Soil Health and Crop Productivity – The central government will provide state authorities with financial assistance for developing the health of soil in the respective areas. Once the soil heath is developed, it will increase the overall crop productivity of the area.
- Rainfed Farming Systems Expansion – Apart from irrigational facilities, the central government will provide adequate funding for the development of irrigational facilities that operate on rain water harvesting.
- Integrated Pest Management – Millions are wasted due to the activities of harmful pests in the farms. Without the use of expensive chemical pesticides, farmers will lose a high percentage of their crops. With the assistance of central funding, the pest management system will be improved.
- Crop Development – The money can also be used by the state in researching about ways, which can assist agricultural labors to increase the overall crop production percentage.
- Promoting extension amenities – The central government will also assist the state in expanding the base of promotional activities in the field of agriculture. It will assist the farmers in producing more crops to feel the teeming millions.
- Horticulture – Cultivating garden crop is also an important sector of agriculture. It is popularly known as horticulture and grant will be provided for the development of this sector as well.
- Development of Animal Husbandry – Raising animals for production of associated products is related to animal husbandry. Under this scheme, proper funding will be done to meet the expenses of the state in this sector.
- Dairy and Fishery Development – Production of fish and milk products also considered a part of food production on a wider scale. Thus, the central government will provide money to the stats for developing dairy and fishery development.
- Sericulture Expansion – Keeping silkworms and producing silk will assist in the development of Indian agriculture. The scheme will also provide adequate funding to the states that want to develop the sericulture industry.
- Bio and Organic Fertilizers – The use of organic fertilizers is better than spraying chemicals to kill pests or to increase the crop production. The scheme will also ensure monetary assistance to states for developing the fertilizer sector.
- Educational tours for agricultural workers – Most farmers do not have adequate knowledge about increasing crop production via the use of modern technology. To acquire the financial assistance from the central government, the states will have to make arrangements for educating all agricultural labors.
- Other Unique development schemes – Plans must be made by the state authority for developing the overall agricultural scenario of the respective region. The monetary allocation will be made as per the strategies of the state.
Eligibility criteria for the state
- For each state only – As highlighted in the scheme, only the states, which prove their competence in the field of development and spread of agriculture, will get the grant from the central government.
- State and district level strategies – Planning is important for carrying out the developmental strategies. Thus, the state authority will have to submit plans of agricultural expansion at state and district levels.
- Deadlines based projects – States are more likely to get the financial grant for the schemes, which are to be completed within a specific deadline.
- Expense of the state authority in yearly days – The money that each state will be given under the scheme will depend on the amount that the state has been spending on an annual basis, from the previous three years.
- Can be applied with other schemes – If any state is receiving a grant under this scheme, it will still be allowed to get some other grant for expansion of the agricultural development of the area.
Contact details of the scheme
All details of the scheme are available from the official website, by clicking on the link http://rkvy.nic.in/Index.html. Apart from this, if you want to know about the ministers or top officers associated with the program and their contact details, then that can be acquired by clicking on the link http://rkvy.nic.in/Static/contact.html.
Other Schemes –
- Free Smart phones Yojana for Anganwadi in Uttar Pradesh
- Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana
- Swasta Vidya Vahini and Andariki Aarogyam Yojana in Andhra Pradesh
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana