Prabuddha Scheme for Students In Karnataka (Scholarship Scheme for ST/SC to study in abroad) Eligibility Criteria, Application Form Process 2018-19
Education and literacy rate are two indicators of the overall development of the country. Though the central and state government tries to implement new schemes for the development of education sector, more is necessary. Some candidates desire to attain higher education from prestigious foreign institutes. But this is very expensive proposition, and middle class families cannot afford such expenses. The Karnataka government has implemented the Prabuddha Scheme for such candidates. The scheme will offer total or partial scholarship to students from ST/SC backgrounds, who want to gain degrees from foreign institutes.
|Name of the scheme||Prabuddha Scheme|
|Launched by||H. D. Kumaraswamy|
|Date of announcement||December 2018|
|Date of launch||15th December 2018|
|Target beneficiaries||ST and SC students|
|Supervised by||Social Welfare Department of Karnataka|
|Official website||www. Scholarshipwebsiteaddress.gov.in|
Key features of the scheme
- Educational development – The overall progress of the state or the nation will depend on the literacy level of the common people. With the implementation of Prabuddha Scheme, all eligible students from backward communities will no longer have to worry about financial obstacles.
- Opportunities for backward sections – Karnataka government designed and developed this scheme for only schedule caste and schedule tribe applicants.
- Reservation for female applicants – Karnataka government wants to offer equal opportunities for both male and female students. 33% of the total selected applicants will be female. Thus, more female students will get the encouragement to pursue their education dreams.
- Reservation for handicap applicants – The scheme highlighted that special stress will be paid to the development of physically handicap applicants. Out of the total applicants, 3% seats will be reserved for candidates who suffer from physical disability.
- Total number of applicants – Under this new educational scheme, Karnataka government will offer financial grant to 400 applicants each year.
- UP and PG division – Both Under Graduate (UG) and Post Graduate (PG) enthusiasts will be able to get the financial grant, to attain higher education. The state announced that 250 UG and 150 PG course applicants will be selected on a yearly basis.
- For all streams – The state government has highlighted that the program will make the higher education dreams of all students a reality. Science, arts, commerce, law, management, engineering and other stream enthusiasts will also be able to attain the financial grant.
- Percentage of financial aid – There are different financial aid slots, which has been highlighted by the state government. In case the family income is less than or equal to Rs. 8 lakhs, the state will offer 100% scholarship to the applicants. If the annual family earning is within Rs. 8 lakhs to Rs. 15 lakhs, then the state will offer 50% scholarship to the student. If the family income exceeds the mark of Rs. 15 lakhs on a yearly basis, then the applicant will receive 35% scholarship.
- Expenses included in the scheme – All selected ST/SC students, who desire to travel to foreign nations for higher education, will no longer have to worry about their traveling and lodging expenditures. Apart from this, they will also attain financial assistance from the state government to pay for course fee and other associated expenses.
- Number of applicants from every family – The state government wants to offer this benefit to as many eligible applicants as possible. Thus, it has been announced that from each family, two eligible candidates will be able to enroll for the program.
Eligibility and documents necessary for application
- Residential criterion – This scheme has been implemented for only those applicants, who are legal residents of the state. Thus, candidates must attach their residential certificates for scrutiny purpose.
- Educational background – Applicants from all academic streams will be allowed to opt for this financial aid. Technical course aspirants, UG and PG applicants will be able to apply for this scheme.
- Caste related criterion – The scheme has been designed and developed for the educational progress of the schedule caste and schedule tribe students. So, interested applicants will have to attach their caste certificates with the enrollment document.
- Family income – As there is a family income related criterion, all applicants must submit their family income documents. As the amount of grant will depend on the annual family income of the applicant, he/she must highlight official documents, which specify the family income.
- Personal ID documents – All interested candidates will have to attach their personal documents. The authority will consider Aadhar card, voter card or ration cards.
- Academic documents – The applicants will also have to submit their academic documents as well. Apart from the course papers, they must attach GRE, GMAT, SAT scores. Without these papers, their applications will not be selected.
How to get application form and register?
- The state authority has highlight that it wants to make the registration procedure easy for all applicants. The only way to make it paperless and error free is to opt for online enrollment. The state will launch a new site that will help applicants to get the digitized enrollment form.
- Once the official website opens, applicants will have to click on the correct link to bring up the digitized enrollment document.
- Here, the applicants will have to type in the name, parent’s name, address, contact details, college or university name, preferred subject etc.
- After this, they will also have to upload the scanned copies of all necessary documents. These will be used by the respective scrutiny authority to judge the authenticity of the claims.
- Once the entire form fill up is complete, applicants will have to click on the “Save/Submit” button to save the application.
- After proper scrutiny, the respective authority will get in touch with the selected eligible applicants.
The state government will have to shell a significant amount to meet the requirements of these applicants. The scheme’s implementation will start from 15th December. Once all the applications come in, the respective department will start work on the next implementation phase.
Other links –
- Manohar Jyoti Yojana In Haryana
- Make In AP Startup Program
- Ganga Kalyana Scheme Application form
- Kaushalya Karnataka Helpline