CM Raman Singh launches Suchita Yojana in Chhattisgarh
The Hon’ble CM of Chhattisgarh has launched a social scheme for the girl students of the state named the Suchita Yojana. This is a scheme under which the govt. will provide sanitary napkins to the female students of each and every govt. school in Chhattisgarh. Sanitary napkins will be provided to encourage the girl students to maintain personal hygiene. This program by Chhattisgarh Govt. will surely help thousands of girl students to cope up with their menstrual cycles while they attend school. This scheme will help school students from the hesitation they face while buying sanitary napkins from medical or general stores in the market.
Work plan of the Suchita Yojana in Chhattisgarh
Under the Suchita Yojana, the state govt. will provide sanitary napkins to the girl students of all the govt. schools. The sanitary napkins will be dispensed through vending machines which will function automatically through button press. These vending machines will be installed in every girls’ toilet of all the govt. schools across the state. Students who need sanitary napkin during their menstruation cycle can get it through these napkin vending machines. They will not need to skip classes for that and can concentrate on studies.
Some important scheme related information:
- The state govt. of Chhattisgarh has decided to provide the napkins free of cost in the initial stage. A total of 7,200 napkins will be distributed at free of cost across the state. Afterwards, Rs. 2 will be nominally charged for every napkin, which is very low compared to the market price.
- The govt. will also send representatives from Health Organization or NGO and anganwadi workers to the schools so that the female students can be made aware of maintaining menstrual hygiene.
- Each and every school in every district will be mandatorily covered under the scheme. Special attention will be provided to those schools which are located in rural areas and tribal belts where the girl students do not have proper access to the market to buy sanitary napkins. The Suchita Yojana will enable them to get the napkins from their schools only.
- So far, 2,000 schools across the state have already been covered under the Suchita Yojana and the girls were being provided free sanitary napkins.
- The govt. has another master plan for the disposal of the used sanitary napkins in schools. Incinerators will be installed in the schools which are eco-friendly so that the used napkins can be disposed safely.
Problems faced by girls while menstrual periods
Menstruation is still considered as stigma in several sections of society, mainly in rural areas. In Chhattisgarh also, the girls face this awkward situation every month and it becomes very difficult for them to attend schools. In some rural areas of Chhattisgarh the sanitary napkins are not available at all and girls either skip their classes during their menstrual cycles or put their personal hygiene in poor state by using home-made napkins. This scheme will surely uplift the moral of those girl students and help them perform in studies.