Samman Nidhi Yojana in Chhattisgarh Retired Media Journalists Application Form Process Eligibility Criteria Documents Financial assistance 5000 Rs/month Last date 31 Dec 2018
The journalists play an important part in delivering the trust to common people. They also bridge the gap between the governments and people. Journalists are the channel that brings forth the news about government reforms to the people. Thus, the state government of Chhattisgarh had designed and implemented a new scheme that will honor retired journalists for their hard work and service to the people. The Samman Nidhi Yojana has been welcomes by the old and young journalists alike.
The official announcement of the scheme was made on 26th of August, 2013. The announcement was made by the head of Public Relations Department in Naya Raipur. Back then, the state was under the rule of CM Raman Singh. It was mentioned that the implementation of this program will be put to action as soon as its date appears in state Gazette. Last date of application 31 Dec 2018.
- Development of Media people – The main reason for the design and development of the scheme was to ensure that media journalists do not suffer from any financial problems, after they retire.
- Retired journalists – Only retired print or audio-video media journalists will be able to get the benefits of this scheme.
- Financial assistance – As per the scheme draft, each selected retired journalist will be able to attain a financial grant of Rs. 5000 from the state government of Chhattisgarh.
- Frequency of payment – The financial grant will be available to all selected experienced journalists on a monthly basis.
- Mode of payment – The Public Relations Department of Chhattisgarh will ensure that the grant reaches the right person through cheque, DD or another institutionalized way.
- Tenure of payment – As of now, the state government has decided that this grant will be paid by Chhattisgarh authority for the period of 5 years.
Eligibility for the scheme
- Only for journalists of the state – Only those retired journalists will be able to apply for the schemes who are legal residents of Chhattisgarh. They must have worked as journalists, within the boundaries of the state.
- Age related criterion – It was mandatory for all retired journalists to be of 62 years of age or more on July 1st, 2013.
- Full-time journalists – Only those candidates will be able to apply for the scheme who were associated with any registered paper or media channel on a full-time basis. They must have been in the payroll.
- Area of operation – Retired journalists, who worked in television, newspaper or magazines, will be able to get the benefits of this program.
- Tenure of operation – It has been mentioned that it is mandatory that all retired journalists must have worked in the filed for a period of no less than 20 years, to be eligible for this program.
- Benefit related criterion – In case the journalists already have a sufficient pension or are enrolled in any other state sponsored scheme, which offers them a financial aid, then they will not be able to apply for Samman Nidhi Yojana.
- Non-tax payer – It has also been mentioned that these journalists must not be tax-payers.
- Qualified by PR Department of state – Only those retired journalists will get the benefits of this scheme who have enjoyed accreditation of Chhattisgarh Public Relation’s Department for at least 10 years.
- No criminal record – In case these journalists have any criminal case in their name, their application will be rejected by the scrutiny committee.
Documents needed for application
- Residential proof – As the scheme will only benefit people living in the state, submission of the residential documents is a must.
- Work experience papers – To prove that he/she has been attached with journalism for more than 20 years, the applicants must attach work experience certificates as well.
- Necessary permits from PR department – The accredited permit from PR department is a must. Thus, the candidate must attach this certificate as well.
- Age proof – Due to the presence of age criterion, each applicant must attach necessary age proof documents.
- Salary statement – The last drawn salary slip also needs to be submitted with the application form.
- Tax papers – Due to the non-tax payment criterion, the applicants must submit such government documents, which prove that they do not fall in the tax structure.
- Bank account details – As the grant money will be deposited in the bank account, the applicant needs to attach bank account details clearly in the form.
How to apply for the scheme?
- All interested applicants need to head to the PR Department of the state or any other government office, that offers the application form.
- When the applicant has filled the form with all necessary information, he/she needs to attach the photocopy of necessary documents.
- After the form has been submitted in the respective department, verification will take place.
- If all is in order, then the state PR Department will sanction the pension.
Other Articles –
- Surrender-cum-Rehabilitation Scheme in Kerala
- List of 100 Sakhi One Stop Centers (OSCs)
- Gyan Protsahan Yojana in Chhattisgarh
- Jawahar Utkarsh Yojana in Chhattisgarh