Single women pension Scheme in Telangana Application Form Process
The Telengana government is all set to start a pension scheme for the poor women in Telengana. Those women who belong to economically poor sections and are single are in dire need for financial assistance. The Telengana government is resolved to render a social equanimity and justice to all citizens. The scheme launched will benefit women and help in carrying forward the woman empowerment agenda of the central government.
The Scheme was launched by the Chief Minister of Telengana, Chandrasekhar Rao on 6th January, 2017. He mentioned it in the Assembly that the state was launching the scheme with the view to help the poverty stricken women. He announced that in order to help them a monthly pension of Rs. 1000 shall be given.
Motto of the scheme
In some parts of the state, the women folk are making beedis and doing small manufacturing to earn their livelihood. But whatever they are doing, they are not able to meet the demands of their day to day lives. There are also many underprivileged women who suffer because of poverty. In fact, the government announced concerns that poverty affects women more than men. This is why single women shall be provided with financial assistance. It will help them take care of their immediate needs, like pay the school fees, house bills, etc.
You need to be a single woman residing in the state of Telengana. Also, you need to have a BPL card – so that you can verify that you belong to the Below Poverty Level.
What rules classify someone has ‘non-eligible’?
As already mentioned, if you do not belong to the BPL category or reside in some other state, you are not eligible for this scheme. So what does BPL category signify as after all? According to the world norms, anyone who earns less than $1.90 per day belongs to this category. So, by this rule, about 32.7% of the Indian population falls under this category.
- Each month, a fixed amount of Rs. 1000 shall be given to the needy women. It shall be a form of pension and it will be provided from April 2017 onwards.
- The scheme asks the district collectors to start receiving the applications for the same from the women of their district. The government has appealed to the eligible women to start getting their names registered for this scheme.
- The state government has asked the legislators to take the initiative to implement this scheme. It shall soon start providing the pension on a monthly basis to the needful women.
- The scheme will target 2-3 lakh women across the state. These targeted beneficiaries will include widows and the workers of the handloom and other small manufacturing industries.
- The scheme shall also include the poverty ridden wives of the men who went to the Gulf in search of jobs but now reside in jails there due to various reasons.
- The scheme also targets those women whose husbands have just passed away because of some unforeseen accident such as road accident. However, only the BPL card holders of such families will get the benefit.
- About 65% of all the potential women are from backward classes. Some of them are from Scheduled Castes and about 32% of them are from Muslim minority communities, according to reports.
Budget Provided By Government
The state government claimed that this is the largest welfare budget of any state of the country. To carry out this scheme successfully an annual expenditure of Rs. 36,000 crore will be borne. In fact, the Chief Minister also went ahead to say that if needed, he will readily increase the budgetary allocation to 30%. At present the Single Women Pension Scheme is 26% of the annual state budget. But the CM assured that he can increase the stakes, if need be.
How to apply for the Single Women Pension Scheme?
- The district legislators and the administrators are on a roll to select the eligible persons to avail this scheme. So you can wait until they reach you or you can go ahead and enroll yourself.
- The district legislators are also picking up pace to ensure that the right beneficiaries are chosen for the scheme. As the implementation picks up space, you might find someone reach out to you.
Who is backing this scheme?
This scheme is being backed by the state government of Telengana under the leadership of K Chandrasekhar Rao. The scheme shall be supported no matter who is in regime. Therefore, this scheme shall get the recognition throughout the different tenures that the Chief Ministers have. After the first year of implementation the state will analyze the implementation level and they will then accredit the scheme with more funds.
Basic Difference between the Single Women Pension Scheme and Asara scheme
Asara scheme is aimed towards the female workers of the state. The Single Women Pension Yojana is aimed towards the old aged women and the widows as well. The government has invested Rs. 882 crores towards this scheme. There are several things such as under this scheme, the widows, old age women, handloom workers shall receive Rs. 200 per month. The disabled shall receive Rs. 500 per month. But under the Single Women Pension scheme, each and every eligible individual shall receive Rs. 1000 per month.
Telengana is moving towards a sustainable development state with this new scheme. The scheme will help women take care of their children and pay bills. It will also help carry forward the women empowerment policy as it will make women self reliant. Several single women of the state have come forward to attest that they will be greatly benefitted by this scheme. Many women in the past suffered because their husbands were unable to provide for them. Now with this scheme, they are able to get better help and the addition of Rs. 1000 per month shall enable them to accomplish several greater tasks.
- KCC UP Kisan Karz Mafi Yojana UP
- Swadhar Greh Scheme
- 2BHK Housing Scheme Telangana Application Form
- Telangana Health Profile Scheme