UP Submersible Pumps Online Registration 2020 (Ground Water Act)
In order to stop the continuous decline of ground water level the Uttar Pradesh government lead by Yogi Adityanath has implemented Ground Water Act 2020. The primary reason to implement the act is to raise the awareness against the declining of ground water level. Under the act the UP government has released a mandate to register the submersible pump. As registration requires money and not all people in the state are capable of paying the registration fee; so, the government decided to make the registration free for some people. The domestic households and the farmers do not have to pay the registration fee for the registration. One can register the pump by visiting the official website that is about to launch by the government.
The Ground Water Act 2020 was implemented to improve the condition of the ground water level that is rapidly decreasing. The government made the issue as major priority because water is the source of life and to lead a healthy life one needs water. And to save the most important component life the state government of Uttar Pradesh has taken the initiative to measure the water expense. Under the same act the rain water harvesting will also be promoted. Most importantly the act will also take up measure to stop water contamination. Apart from the farmers and domestic residents, there are boring companies who also need to come under the act and register the company’s name. This measure will help to reduce the illegal installation of submersible and wastage of water.
UP Submersible Pumps Online Registration – Ground Water Act
- Submersible Pumps Online Registration- According to the provision of the act, all the submersible in Uttar Pradesh is needed to registered. In order to register the pumps the farmers and the common people are exclude from paying the registration fees. The act will be effective by the state government soon.
- Rainwater Harvesting- In order to maintain the water level the government has focused on rain water harvesting. The schools and colleges are asked to harvest rain water in the compound.
- Registration for the boring companies- Under the act the government made it a compulsory for the boring companies to register officially. In order to register the boring companies need to provide all the documents in three months to the authority.
- Clearance of Govt./ Private Buildings Map- Under the act the government also made sure that from now on the real estate companies need to submit a draft of plan to the government. And government has asked to build the facility for water harvesting.
When it comes to urban area, the act released a mandate under which if a person install a submersible then he/she has to build a rain water harvesting system as well. In order to monitor the activity a committee will be formed for both rural and urban area to save the water natural water level. There will be punishment as well in case of causing deliberate water pollution.
About the punishment
In case of intentional water pollution there will be penalty under the Ground Water Act 2020. For polluting the natural water resource the person will be punishable for 6 month to 1 year depending on the degree of the crime. The amount of fine will be 2 to 5 lakh rupees. For committing the same crime for 2nd time the person will be penalized with 5 to 10 lakh rupees for 2 to 5 years. And for 3rd time the person will be penalized with 10 to 20 lakh rupees for 5 to 7 years depending on the degree of crime.
Other links –
- YSR Pelli Kanuka Scheme AP
- YSR Kanuka Pension Scheme in AP
- Suryamitra Yojana in Uttar Pradesh
- Mukhyamantri Samuhik Vivah Yojana in Uttar Pradesh