Link Aadhar with PF account, Check EPF balance passbook on Umang app
Full form of Umang is Unified Mobile Application for New-Age Governance .The central government of India has recently launched a mobile app for the government services. Taking another major step towards digital India, the app will be available for all the people who are willing to learn about government schemes and such. Soil Health Card, AICTE, NCERT, PMKVY and finally EPFO will be associated with the newly launched Umang mobile App. The app will be available on iOS and Android platforms.
On 5th of Nov 2017, Union Minister of India Shree Prasad took the social media platform to announce about the App. He officially launched the App on micro blogging website on that day informing about 100 government schemes in the App. Anyone, who is willing to know/apply for any government scheme under these 100 schemes can use the App.
Umang App Details – Key Features
- Umang App: Developed by Ministry of Electronics and IT the App Umang stands for Unified Mobile Application for New-Age Governance. The App is associated with National e-Governance Division aka NeGD.
- Services available in Umang: As mentioned that the App has launched to make 100 schemes available to the general public. With one tap, now people can get information about e-governance, local bodies, agencies and other facilities in India.
- Platform: The App is available on three leading platforms, Windows, Google Play Store and Apple Store. Also now the app can be downloaded from the EPFO official website. The mentioned website leads to the download link of the app.
- Web portal: Umag’s official web portal is https://web.umang.gov.in/web/#/. Users can log in from this link and get the benefits of the App. By using this link departments can also login to access their accounts.
EPF services in Umang App
In Umang App now the users can access their PF accounts. Along with checking balance and maintaining passbook of the account, there are two more major services available. The user can now raise the claim for pension for withdrawals and also go for final settlement. Before enjoying these services the user will have to link their aadhaar number.
Along with these services users can check their status of filed claims through the App. To access EPF services users will have to link their Aadhaar Number with the App. Only to track status of claims aadhaar is not needed.
According to EPFO, Umang will be the sole App that offers PF account services. Earlier there was another App m-EPF that used to show balance of PF account. Currently that App was closed down and only Umang is active. This new App has missed out one thing that is claim for the transfer of old EPF to new one. Users can shift or transfer old EPFs to new through Umang.
Umang App Download and Login
- Once the app is downloaded and installed in the smart device the user will have to register with the Application. To register, user will have to provide their mobile number so that users can receive one time password for verification.
- After verification the user will have to add security questions and answers to secure their accounts. In case they forget the PIN or ID, they can still access their accounts through these questions and answers.
- The next step will be linking aadhaar. Users can skip the step and do that later as aadhaar link is not mandatory to use Umang App. However linking aadhaar at the first stage will be helpful to have your eKYC done in the App.
- At the final stage of registration, submit the KYC form and finish the process. Afterwards you can login to the App and start accessing your EPF account.
As of now only few services are available in Umang, but the authority is keen to start new features like pensioner services, nominations and aadhaar seeding so that Umang will become one single platform for all purposes.
Now Link Aadhar with PF account via UMANG App
The EPFO (Employee Provident Fund Office) has announced to link Consumer Biometrics (Aadhar) with the UMANG app. The latest announcement was officially made by Labor Ministry.
- Consumers can easily link UMANG App and Aadhar information under the facility offered by the EPFO for registered employees. The new services have been introduced under the UAN-Aadhar Linking system.
- Registered users can directly make use of the new facility the moment they log on to the official EPFO web portal. The facility under e-KYC (Know your customer) has recently been updated with Aadhar and UAN link.
Using the above mentioned services, the government aims at offering with multiple services to the consumers on a single web portal along with checking the consumer verification.
Other Schemes –
- Chief Minister Saur Krishi Vahini Yojana Maharashtra
- Jharkhand Johar Yojana
- Mukhyamantri Kaushal Anudan Yojana in Rajasthan
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana