West Bengal launch e-payment for property tax (Digital Tax Payment System)
The West Bengal state government has started e-payment for the tax payment. In a recent time the Urban Development Minister has stated that now onwards to pay the property tax payers can use digital mode of payment.
Firhad Hakim, the State minister of Urban Development has announced about a digital tax payment system on 11th January 2018. While attending a meeting at Uttarpara, under Uttarpara-Kotrung Municipality the announcement was done by the minister.
- E-Payment for Property tax: Under all the municipality corporations across the state, the tax payers can pay the tax for properties through digital mode of payment. This will be valid for property tax only.
- Phases: The system will be operated in phases. First phase has already been started with 10 municipalities in WB. Total of 125 municipalities will be covered under this system.
- Implementation: The system has been started with web application. The authority has provided this application to few houses under the mentioned number of municipalities. Data has been synchronised with the amount of land holding and so on to process the system.
- Areas of implementation: There are few areas such as Barrackpore, Kalyani, Panihati, Uttarpara and Kotrung where the system has been started under the first phase.
How it works
- The users will have to log in / register with the web application. Then the users are required to find their localities/districts/city. Afterwards the need to provide some more information about them to find their land details on the site.
- The payment will be done through payment gateways. Finally the payment receipts, details and other related documents will be sent to the users’ registered e-mail ID or phone number.
This is a step towards Digitization in India. The West Bengal government along with other services is keen to make payments digital to save time and efforts.
- Free Tablet scheme Uttarakhand
- Pregnant Women Registration Online Tamil Nadu
- Free Bus Pass Scheme in Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu Scheme List 2018