Kerala Free School Uniform Scheme Handloom Uniforms for Govt. Schools Students
With an aim to offer assistance to the school going students in the state the Kerala State Government has announced to introduce a new scheme. Under the new scheme termed as ‘Free School Uniform Distribution Scheme’ the state government shall be distributing school uniforms for free of cost to the students. The government has made a selection of Handloom made school uniforms for distribution. The new scheme has been announced for implementation by the government to help boost education sector and encourage more students to attend state school.
As per the latest updates the state government has announced to get started with the process of distribution of school uniforms statewide from 2nd May 2018. The process of distribution will in the initial stages cover all State level government owned schools. The government has aimed to cover over 3701 government owned schools state wide.
Beneficiaries (Eligibility critera)
- Under the scheme the government has announced to offer benefit to the students studying in the government owned schools state wide. The government has prepared a complete list of around 4.5 lakhs state school students.
- The government has also stated that the scheme will offer with benefit to students studying from Class 1st to 7th in these schools.
Key Features of the Scheme
- One of the main key features is that the scheme for effective implementation will be handled by the state government directly starting from 2018 2nd May state wide.
- The government has also stated that under the scheme it expects to offer benefit to over 4.5 lakh students studying in government schools state wide. For ensuring the process of implementation the government has also announced to hand over school uniforms crafted out of Handloom material.
- The government will be ensuring the availability of over 23 lakh meters of Handloom cloth material for preparing skirts, suiting and shirts for school going students.
- The government has also prepared a complete list of over 3701 state schools for effective implementation of the scheme for students. The uniforms will be given away to each of the beneficiary student in the school for free.
- The new scheme will also encourage more number of students to attend regular primary level school for completing their education. The scheme will also help in boosting the sales within the Handloom sector of the state where labors in this sector will get more employment opportunities.
- For effective implementation of the scheme and encouraging more labors to participate under the scheme the government has announced a salary hike from Rs 400 to over Rs 600. The salary will be offered to each labor in this sector on daily basis in the form of basic salary.
- This new move will also encourage more number of labors to get connected to this sector of industry and the state government has already announced a set budget of Rs 40 crores for labors within this sector.
With the effective implementation of the new scheme the state government aims at providing welfare opportunities to the labor sector within the Handloom industry. The distribution of the uniforms will be done by Hantex from amongst the Ernakulum and Thiruvananthapuram districts. Apart from this handlooms will be distributed from Thrissur district for meeting requirements within Kasargod district of the state for school uniforms.
- M-Awas App for Allotment of General Pool Residential Accommodation
- One Crore Hostels Students get 15 Kg Subsidized Wheat & Rice at BPL Rates
- Samanwaya Scheme Educational Program for Transgender in Kerala
- Kudumbashree Program Scheme Kerala